wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum

Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum Wehrmacht, Political and Organizational Standards, flags, and car pennants.

Old 02-23-2020, 10:17 PM   #16
Greg Domian
Association Member

O also saw this at the show and initial distant viewing it looked good enough for a closer look which revealed it to a a nice copy for display in the basement. No where close to an original piece. I figured he was selling as a copy as I didn't think anyone had balls enough to sell as original.

Greg

Old 02-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #17
Rheinmetall
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Domian View Post
I figured he was selling as a copy as I didn't think anyone had balls enough to sell as original.

Greg

As we all have seen, there are plenty of dealers, auction houses, etc., who have very BIG balls considering some of the pieces they shill. Those types have no true interest in the legitimacy of any item, they are solely motivated by the money.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #18
Berghof
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheinmetall View Post
As we all have seen, there are plenty of dealers, auction houses, etc., who have very BIG balls considering some of the pieces they shill. Those types have no true interest in the legitimacy of any item, they are solely motivated by the money.
100% correct. I've reached out to several auction houses pointing out fakes, the norm is no response. One auction house pulled an item - Poulin's. With respect to dealers, we've seen some pushing Hitlers Christmas ornaments and Wehrmacht toilette paper....ridiculous.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #19
kyles bullets
Association Member

Saw this at the show as well. A lot of other bits at this seller's table, as well as high neighbor's, were mostly fakes. Seller did think this was an original and was selling as such.

Looking for armbands.

Old 02-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #20
Marflower

Is the eye of the eagle towards the back of the head? Or is that a reflection on the glass. If it is an eye, it seems incredible they got that so wrong, after all that work.

That may very well have been us . . .
Old 02-25-2020, 09:01 PM   #21
N.C. Wyeth
Association Member

Cool That may very well have been us . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheinmetall View Post
This fake flag was displayed for sale at the SOS, and someone was overheard as saying the seller wanted $60,000 for it. I don't know if that is really how much the seller had it priced at but it is obscene at any amount considering it is a forgery meant to deceive.
I was there when that happened. The lady behind the table - of whom I believe was not associated with the Owner - quoted that very same amount to my Wife when she inquired.