wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Community Forums > Living History Forum

Living History Forum Discussions of battlefield sites, reenacting, veteran news, and all "current" historical events.

Sad Days
Old 01-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
pzrwest

Default Sad Days

If this is the wrong section I apologise and mods please move to the correction.... Thank you
I have some sad news about my uboot vet friend Edgar.... on the 31st of Dec his right leg buckled at the knee joint causing him to fall and strike his ribs on the right side on the foam padded arm of his walker breaking 3 of his ribs, then on the 4th at about 12pm his right knee buckled again causing him to fall and break his hip. He was operated on yesterday at app. 3:00pm and by 9:00pm he was still in the operating room. I called down to the hospital in Belleville Ontario where the hospital here in Bancroft sent him for surgery and talked to the nurses and was told he is in rough shape and may be a long time before he can come home but more likely he will be put in a seniors home since he really can live alone anymore. A great way to end a year and start off a new year

Old 01-08-2015, 05:09 AM   #2
wolfslair

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrwest View Post
If this is the wrong section I apologise and mods please move to the correction.... Thank you
I have some sad news about my uboot vet friend Edgar.... on the 31st of Dec his right leg buckled at the knee joint causing him to fall and strike his ribs on the right side on the foam padded arm of his walker breaking 3 of his ribs, then on the 4th at about 12pm his right knee buckled again causing him to fall and break his hip. He was operated on yesterday at app. 3:00pm and by 9:00pm he was still in the operating room. I called down to the hospital in Belleville Ontario where the hospital here in Bancroft sent him for surgery and talked to the nurses and was told he is in rough shape and may be a long time before he can come home but more likely he will be put in a seniors home since he really can live alone anymore. A great way to end a year and start off a new year
Hope the new year brings him better luck.
Steve

Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
pzrwest

Thank you Steve

Old 01-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #4
Josh Cowell
Expelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrwest View Post
How terrible it is to get old and helpless. At least he has a good friend in you who cares. Thanks for sharing and best wishes to you both.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:28 AM   #5
Volksgrenadier 44
Association Member

He is lucky to have you,has he any close family!

I hope 2015 is kind to him

Ross