wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum

Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum This is the corner of the site where you can talk about daggers, bayonets, swords and knifes of the Wehrmacht and related organizations.

Old 01-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #16
BobI
Forum Sponsor

Glad I could help Dood!
Bob

Hangers
Old 01-10-2020, 08:54 PM   #17
Mat J

Default Hangers

Just wanted to say thanks the positive comments on the dagger itself. More importantly thanks for the lack comments on the hangers. It's more important for a lack of opinions IMHO than someone putting in their two cents on a accouterment that they know little or nothing about.

I just hope another set presents itself in the future so a comparison can be made. For now, I'm quite content to own this set. Hope everyone had a Happy New Year. And 2020 brings up great items up for discussion here on the forum. I see we off to a great start

Best wishes,

Mat J

Old 01-11-2020, 07:13 AM   #18
Ostmaerker

I´ve never seen the adjustment loops/gromets of the leather hanger without the black enamel

Ostmaerker

Brown Hangers
Old 01-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #19
Mat J

Default Brown Hangers

I agree 100% about the lack of enamel. But again these are brown examples not black. I'm going to attempt to post a pic or two from a reference book that show some interesting attributes. But again, good eye my friend.

Mat J

Old 01-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #20
Billy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostmaerker View Post
I´ve never seen the adjustment loops/gromets of the leather hanger without the black enamel
Typically the grommets are painted but I don't know it's a hard and fast rule that they must be. And these are brown leather, not distressed black leather. Indeed, on a set of brown leather TeNo hangers sold by Ron Weinand here on the Estand, the grommets did not have paint either.

I think it's very hard to discount an item that is quite rare, factoring in the possibility of manufacturer variations. For me the leather and cogwheel burnish on Mat's hangers speak period to me.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:01 AM   #21
BobI
Forum Sponsor

I have owned many, many daggers over the last 40 years. I have had two Teno Leather hangers, I doubt anyone has handled too many and especially brown ones. I wonder how many leather Teno hangers Ron has had over the years? With such a small sample size I don't think we can draw many solid conclusions.
Bob