wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum

Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum This is the corner of the site where you can talk about daggers, bayonets, swords and knifes of the Wehrmacht and related organizations.

Dagger Jacobs question
Old 11-26-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
robert
Association Member

Default Dagger Jacobs question

the Jacobs RZM daggers marked 7/29, are the fittings always going to be the later plated type or can some be nickel silver on occasion? Do they always/ ever have the Roman numeral district markings? - thanks

Old 11-26-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
JR.
Association Member

In regards to an M33 SS 7/29, my experience is that they will always have all nickel hilt fittings, nickel eagle / SS runes, void if an SS district stamp, painted black scabbards with nickel fittings.

Old 11-27-2019, 06:11 AM   #3
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR. View Post
In regards to an M33 SS 7/29, my experience is that they will always have all nickel hilt fittings, nickel eagle / SS runes, void if an SS district stamp, painted black scabbards with nickel fittings.
But, but i thought anything was possible, is your thinking that they will always be like that not ridiculous, corrupt and skewed.

Yes i am being sarcastic J.R, but i'm sure you get my point.

SS Jacobs
Old 11-27-2019, 07:58 AM   #4
Seiler

Smile SS Jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
But, but i thought anything was possible, is your thinking that they will always be like that not ridiculous, corrupt and skewed.

Yes i am being sarcastic J.R, but i'm sure you get my point.
JR is correct in every respect..I have two..Like twins.Seiler

Old 11-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #5
robert
Association Member

Thanks for the info.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:53 AM   #6
Bldnhnr
Association Member

I have seen the scabbard both painted and Anodized, always with nickle silver fittings on the scabbard and the dagger.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:18 AM   #7
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiler View Post
JR is correct in every respect..I have two..Like twins.Seiler
I wasn't doubting him, i was being sarcastic.
See post 6 of the link.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1019627&page=4

Russ.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
BobI
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
I wasn't doubting him, i was being sarcastic.
See post 6 of the link.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1019627&page=4

Russ.
The difference between your two posts is JR says "IN my Experience" which means from what he has seen over the years but does leave the door open for "whatever" might be encountered later. In studying 3rd Reich daggers besides "textbook" examples encountered as of yet we can also study "materials and methods" which is also useful. JR leaves the door open and has handled a ton of daggers and does make a true study of what he likes. You on the other hand trashed a dagger with very basic knowledge. So, I would not use the word "sarcastic" to compare the two paragraphs.
Bob
PS- The more I learn about this crap the more I realize what I do not know, if I am wrong as I have been before I am happy to make a public apology and learn. Oddly a lot of people can not do this.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #9
The Red Baron
Association Member

I too have seen these m7/29 with annodized/blued scabbards, but I think they originally came painted (sheen paint like found on M36 scabbards), with solid nickel fittings. My guess the annodized/blued added to increase these rare pieces' value

Old 11-28-2019, 12:24 AM   #10
Ron Weinand
Association Member

My experiences are the same as JR.

Old 11-28-2019, 06:15 AM   #11
Bulldog

[QUOTE=BobI;8584915]The difference between your two posts is JR says "IN my Experience" which means from what he has seen over the years but does leave the door open for "whatever" might be encountered later. In studying 3rd Reich daggers besides "textbook" examples encountered as of yet we can also study "materials and methods" which is also useful. JR leaves the door open and has handled a ton of daggers and does make a true study of what he likes. You on the other hand trashed a dagger with very basic knowledge. So, I would not use the word "sarcastic" to compare the two paragraphs.
Bob

Bob, do you really think when i made my comments on the dagger in my link it was not from what i have seen in my experience over a number of years, and as of date i have not seen any other's like that one, and yes i have also studied the materials of that particular type of dagger, so i would not say i "trashed a dagger with very basic knowledge". Perhaps we have a different idea of sarcasm, and there's no need for you to continually get defensive for J.R, isn't it time you pulled your head out of his ass.

Russ.

Old 11-28-2019, 07:22 AM   #12
The Red Baron
Association Member

Based on recent info, I believe these were made by Klitterman and Moog, although we can’t be 100%.

Old 11-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #13
BobI
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post
Based on recent info, I believe these were made by Klitterman and Moog, although we can’t be 100%.
That is what I have been hearing for a couple of years now, I don't remember how this came about but is the best info we have now. I will have to find mine, I can't remember if it has a painted or anodized scabbard. If I remember correctly the number on it is to a really bad man!!!

Old 11-28-2019, 12:03 PM   #14
Billy G
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobI View Post
That is what I have been hearing for a couple of years now, I don't remember how this came about but is the best info we have now. I will have to find mine, I can't remember if it has a painted or anodized scabbard. If I remember correctly the number on it is to a really bad man!!!
Bob,

I think one of the reasons is that the tang mark on the 7/29s is an inverted KM.

Old 11-28-2019, 12:58 PM   #15
BobI
Forum Sponsor

That makes sense, thanks Billy!
Bob