wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum Uniforms, insignias and armbands.

Ukrainian cockade
Old 01-14-2018, 09:28 PM   #211
4king&country

Default Ukrainian cockade

Most excellent finds! A great way to wrap up the year!

Old 06-11-2018, 12:55 AM   #212
Roald Thamesen

Hello there!

Can you post some close up photos of the blue pullover tunic and its insides?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpool View Post
What a great collection! I love the variety of volunteer insignia. Here is most of my volunteer collection. The blue pullover tunic for Eastern Volunteers and the field Grey cherkeska are ex Bob Hritz collection. Both items came directly from a US Army Vet. The officers tunic with Don Cossack patch came from George Petersens collection.

I'm still working on my insignia display. I just bought the special breast winged swastika and hope to add a Terek Cossack patch this year.

Jim

Old 06-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #213
Askold

Found something that I didn't think I would ever get my hands on:

Kinjal badge as worn by members of Sonderverband Bergmann. SB was a special commando unit, formed from emigres from the Caucasus region. Composed from Georgian, Armenian, Azerbaijan and North Caucasian nationals, some of whom were previously involved with Abwehr.

The Kinjal was actually considered to be an award - each badge was numbered, and according to vet's memoirs "loosing one was considered to be a a great dishonour". This badge was found in Crimea, where the battalion did some of its heaviest fighting. As far as I am aware of, there are only two more Kinjal badges in existence, one in a collection in New York and one in Paris.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:33 PM   #214
Askold

Also, some updated on my Caucasian volunteers:

Georgians and Armenians

Azerbaijan and Bergkaukasians

Old 06-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #215
Gaspare

Glad to see your still at it!! And, you've been busy !! Some super items you got there,,,Congrats!

Old 06-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #216
NickG
Association Member

Outstanding items and presentations... Kinjal dagger badge is an amazing find!
Worn on the M43 caps and even sometimes on the collar!

Old 06-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #217
djpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askold View Post

Kinjal badge as worn by members of Sonderverband Bergmann. SB was a special commando unit, formed from emigres from the Caucasus region. Composed from Georgian, Armenian, Azerbaijan and North Caucasian nationals, some of whom were previously involved with Abwehr.

The Kinjal was actually considered to be an award - each badge was numbered, and according to vet's memoirs "loosing one was considered to be a a great dishonour". This badge was found in Crimea, where the battalion did some of its heaviest fighting. As far as I am aware of, there are only two more Kinjal badges in existence, one in a collection in New York and one in Paris.

Awesome badge. I had the opportunity to see one as part of a larger grouping. This was over 20 years ago. I think it found its way to the D. C. area. Jim

Old 06-18-2018, 04:10 PM   #218
Askold

Thank you guys! As for the dagger you saw Jim, I was told there is one residing in New York collection, perhaps it was the same one.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #219
Askold

Haven't posted anything in a while. A small update:

Free India Legion

Free Arabia Legion

Last edited by Askold; 02-08-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:20 AM   #220
D Davies

Very nice Roman I always look forward to your updates
Cheers
Dave

Old 02-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #221
longislandercjv
Association Member

Top-notch collection!
Extremely rare pieces and documentation!
Incredible!!

Old 02-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #222
Rene Chavez

Quote:

Very nice Askold I also have one in my collection.

Rene Chavez
http://www.foreignvolunteerlegion.co...rnPeoples2.htm

Old 02-11-2019, 09:03 PM   #223
Askold

Thank you for the comments guys!

Rene - would it be possible to see bigger photos of your Kindjal badge? Does it have a number at the back?

Old 12-21-2019, 06:07 AM   #224
jirka_gca

Quote:
Managed to pick up two very rare items:

1. An enlisted cockade for the Legion Ukraine (German code name was Berg Baurische Hilfe). Formed in 1939, this is one of the first volunteer formations authorised by the Germans, and if I am not mistaken, the only volunteer unit to take part in invasion of Poland. The soldiers were dressed in captured Czechoslovak uniforms dyed black. The cockade contains the emblem of OUN ( Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists) - a sword over the Trident. Unfortunately the cockade was produced after the legion was dissolved, but continued to be worn by local Police and Werkschutz. I only know of three such cockades in existence.

2. Officer cockade for a member of Landdienst Ukraine. Formed right after the invasion of Soviet Union in 1941, this was earlier known as Lutsk Battalion and later re-organized by the Germans into local organization similar to Org Todt/RAD. The members wore cufftitle "Landdienst Ukraine". A very scarce insignia due to small size and obscurity of the unit. I only know of one more of such cockades in existence.

Hi, I got this one (1) too.. so thats 4 worldwide :-D