wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > John Burnett Helmet Forum

John Burnett Helmet Forum One of the most distinguishing characteristics of the German fighting force was their Stahlhelm.

Fake SS Decal 3
Old 02-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #61
PaulW
Association Member

Default Fake SS Decal 3

The helmet:-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1038.jpg (63.6 KB, 2302 views)

My collection/ albums:- http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...um.php?u=40842

Old 02-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #62
handschar

guys.. this is all really confusing for newbie like me

for untrained eyes.. they are all look real and authentic!! especially the weathered ones!!!

can anybody post authentic SS decals photos here as well as to oppose the fake ones so that newbies can get a clear understanding on the differences. pls!

Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 AM   #63
chrisutter
Association Member

Mayby one of the better ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4150.jpg (203.9 KB, 2225 views)

Old 03-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #64
handschar

@chris
that one bad?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #65
Bill Hermann
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by handschar View Post
@chris
that one bad?
Yep, it's bad, not a bad attempt at aging though, Bill

Not good feeling...
Old 03-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #66
JUBILEE42

Default Not good feeling...

Hi to All,

I don't have better feeling with this one...but i'm really not expert with.
Your opinions? Is it at the right thread?

Thanks & B.Regards,
Thierry

Old 03-16-2010, 02:31 AM   #67
kuroda

HI JUBILEE
THIS DECAL IS RIGHT WHERE IT SHOULD BE!
COMPLETE FAKE

Old 04-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #68
Igelkatze

The First and the Last helmet decal are Originals Greatings from austria

Old 04-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #69
Igelkatze

Hey guys i want to say you you have here in the Postings many repros but 4-5 Helmet Decals are Original why you think thats are complete repros have you many SS Helmets in our Countrys ? we in austria have Original SS helmets in Uniform Storage at die Austrian Army that Helmets are Originals i was in one of this Storage in my Army Time and i Have seen Many of that Helmets and let you say a helmet Decal to make old is not easy the most replicas are Plastic **** you can feel when you touch it an original Decal can you not feel and rust to make in a decal oh come on i have many Helmets at Home with original Decals and repro Decals i can say that but what funny is the most Peaple here in the forum Have in your Countrys only Replicas when you Buy a SS Helmet in the USA have you a great chance to buy a Fake in Germany or Austria is the change to Buy a Fake little when you can good looking lol

and the next in europe are only one man that make good fakes of Helmet Decals The Joke is they are Original Helmet Decals in This Time on A Helmet Burnd

Old 04-30-2010, 05:24 AM   #70
Bill Hermann
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igelkatze View Post
Hey guys i want to say you you have here in the Postings many repros but 4-5 Helmet Decals are Original why you think thats are complete repros have you many SS Helmets in our Countrys ? we in austria have Original SS helmets in Uniform Storage at die Austrian Army that Helmets are Originals i was in one of this Storage in my Army Time and i Have seen Many of that Helmets and let you say a helmet Decal to make old is not easy the most replicas are Plastic **** you can feel when you touch it an original Decal can you not feel and rust to make in a decal oh come on i have many Helmets at Home with original Decals and repro Decals i can say that but what funny is the most Peaple here in the forum Have in your Countrys only Replicas when you Buy a SS Helmet in the USA have you a great chance to buy a Fake in Germany or Austria is the change to Buy a Fake little when you can good looking lol

and the next in europe are only one man that make good fakes of Helmet Decals The Joke is they are Original Helmet Decals in This Time on A Helmet Burnd
OK. I'll bite, very sorry to inform you but most of the fake SS helmets circulating the market originate out of Europe, including a couple I have personally seen out of Germany. Your statement that the first and last decal in this thread are original is bordering on sheer insanity. Come to the forum and learn, nothing makes one look more foolish than these sort of statements, all the best , Bill

Old 05-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #71
ValhallaMilitaria
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin E View Post
Bad to the bone.
And yet it looks so real...this is really confusing.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #72
Dennis J
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igelkatze View Post

Man you are a trip but if you are happy putting down USA collectors as you are doing so be it.Imo I think you are a very miss informed.

Enjoy your hobby
Dennis J

Black Light
Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #73
panzer1432

Default Black Light

Question: How reliable or valid is black light shone upon decals ?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #74
tampalam

It is really difficult for me to discern what makes these decals fakes. Is there a definitive guide to identifying a real SS decal? Are there ways to tell by color? Is there a way to measure runes or distance of runes from border of decal? Thickness of border? I am completely lost here. I have seen lots of SS helmets and always passed them up since I am very afraid of getting burned with a fake. I would like to learn how to tell the fakes from the real as it is impossible to carry this forum and all its seasoned experts in my pocket when I run across something that may not be available for too long. Please help us SS newbies out, guys. Any suggestions to teach us are greatly appreciated. I have only owned one "SS" helmet which I bought as a fake. It was a nice refurbished M35 with Norwegian liner and I paid 80 dollars for it in 1986. I since sold it as a repro for 120 dollars a few years ago. That is the extent of experience I have with SS helmets.

Thanks in advance for any help,

George

Old 06-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #75
doriani

Incredible fakes !!! The end is not so far guy's