wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Community Forums > Living History Forum

Living History Forum Discussions of battlefield sites, reenacting, veteran news, and all "current" historical events.

U.S. President's Day - The Presidents in Uniform
Old 02-17-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
Peter_Suciu

Default U.S. President's Day - The Presidents in Uniform

Happy President's Day. Even if we might not always like who sits in the Oval Office I think we need to respect that office and hope the person does the best possible job.

That said 29 former Presidents stand out as they donned a military uniform and served their country before they served as President - and actually there were 28 who were in a military uniform BEFORE and one after. Also while there were 12 Generals who became President, only one wasn't an officer and served as a private.

Here is my story that has these and other interesting tidbits on the Presidents in Uniform:
https://news.clearancejobs.com/2020/...-the-military/

Old 02-17-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
WalterB
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Suciu View Post
Happy President's Day. Even if we might not always like who sits in the Oval Office I think we need to respect that office and hope the person does the best possible job.

That said 29 former Presidents stand out as they donned a military uniform and served their country before they served as President - and actually there were 28 who were in a military uniform BEFORE and one after. Also while there were 12 Generals who became President, only one wasn't an officer and served as a private.

Here is my story that has these and other interesting tidbits on the Presidents in Uniform:
https://news.clearancejobs.com/2020/...-the-military/
Interesting article Peter! Well done.
We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
Iwo Jima 1945