wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum

Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum Wehrmacht, Political and Organizational Standards, flags, and car pennants.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #16
John Robinson

That is a great book and of course, I own it. Recommend it highly to all HJ collectors.

Are you still going to write a book about the MHJ?

John

Old 01-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #17
helmuthunter
Association Member

Wonderful scarce flag. Thanks for sharing it. Johnno.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #18
wilhelm Saris

Location: in the south of the Netherlands (between Venlo and Eindhoven), near the German and Belgium border

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
Are you still going to write a book about the MHJ?
John
Wasn't that the plan from Daniel (Marine-HJ)?

Old 01-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #19
John Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
Wasn't that the plan from Daniel (Marine-HJ)?
As I understand it, that is his plan at some point, when, I have no idea. I was hoping you would go forward with the project and of course you have the experience in writing books through Bender.

I was also hoping to see a book on KM tallies by the authors of the Imperial tally book (Bernd and Markus), but that is apparently never going to happen. It had the full support of a publisher in the US but the project simply stopped several years ago about half way through I think. A real shame.

I do not have the complete resources Dani has in regards to known MHJ units but I do my best with my personal list. Anything I have you are more than welcome to see without restriction.

Even if it would just be a chapter in a book of broader subject matter.

John

Old 01-12-2019, 04:38 AM   #20
wilhelm Saris

Location: in the south of the Netherlands (between Venlo and Eindhoven), near the German and Belgium border

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was hoping you would go forward with the project and of course you have the experience in writing books through Bender.
I was also hoping to see a book on KM tallies by the authors of the Imperial tally book (Bernd and Markus), but that is apparently never going to happen. It had the full support of a publisher in the US but the project simply stopped several years ago about half way through I think. A real shame. John

Normally volume 6 for the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" would have been dedicated to the HJ (maybe even volume 7), but the subject just on headgear is that massive that mr. Bender did not want to have another "handbook"-size book, due to its size (shipping costs are for many too high). Due to the including of all ns-schools systems the book eventually would grow into two volumes and that was not something we intended or wanted. To make a brief book does not make any sense! So volume 6 and 7 are now dedicated to state organizations.

I think the tally-books will not come ever indeed. Bernd and Markus do not cooperate anymore for many years and there were other problems. The interest from Bernd got lost and what he told me, he has finally stopped the project, which indeed is a shame as their knowledge was outstanding on tallies (and I know what material was waiting for us).

So if ever a volume on headgear for the HJ will come, I have no idea. Nor will come another book from Bernd and Markus. And who knows maybe not ever a book will come from Daniel. It would be a pity!!