wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Indo China Wars 1945 - 1975.

Indo China Wars 1945 - 1975. Covering, French Indo China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, etc.

Going Home. The last to leave.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:34 PM   #61
JOHN JONES
Association Member

Default Going Home. The last to leave.

The trophy weapon that CPT Zec has in his hands, in the photo taken at Camp Alpha. Believe his is the same as mine and that while commonly referred to as an SKS, is really a Chinese copy, properly referred to as a “CHICOM TYPE 56” or CKC. However I most often refer to mine as an SKS, and then say it is a copy of a Soviet SKS.
This photo is of me at Can Tho with my legal “bring-back” weapons; a K-54 pistol & SKS. FYI: Got the pistol at FSB Cai Cai from a SF MSG & the SKS from CW2 Phenice (sp?), one of the OH-58 “Bartender” pilots. Note: Still have them both & still shoot them about once a year. John Harris.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K54 and SKS.JPG (57.9 KB, 56 views)

Old 12-31-2018, 10:37 AM   #62
603dasc
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN JONES View Post
The trophy weapon that CPT Zec has in his hands, in the photo taken at Camp Alpha. Believe his is the same as mine and that while commonly referred to as an SKS, is really a Chinese copy, properly referred to as a “CHICOM TYPE 56” or CKC. However I most often refer to mine as an SKS, and then say it is a copy of a Soviet SKS.
This photo is of me at Can Tho with my legal “bring-back” weapons; a K-54 pistol & SKS. FYI: Got the pistol at FSB Cai Cai from a SF MSG & the SKS from CW2 Phenice (sp?), one of the OH-58 “Bartender” pilots. Note: Still have them both & still shoot them about once a year. John Harris.
+1. Really nice!

Leave it as you found it.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #63
JOHN JONES
Association Member

Default Leave it as you found it.

'Me with a Bud in the 18th CAC Officer's Day Room. On the wall is what I recall to be the mission board which if I remember correctly, we would check each night, to see what our aircraft, crew, mission and show time would be for the following day.
Note the removed signage: Besides the joke sign re. the "Green Delta Taxi Service", believe the small sign next to my left leg was from "Paddy Control" - the ATC folks who provided radar advisories across the Delta. I think it says: "Eyes and Ears of the Delta" or something close to that'
John Harris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18th CAC Day Room and mission board.jpg (50.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg SIGNAGE0003.jpg (73.6 KB, 36 views)

Old 01-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #64
Kabous

Absolutely great posts. I have always had an interest in the final stages of the war and your images and accounts are truly fascinating. Thank you for posting.