wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum

Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum Wehrmacht, Political and Organizational Standards, flags, and car pennants.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:51 AM   #256
DMS
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian J View Post
Now that is a sad fate for the flag.
Yes it sure is!

Old 12-07-2018, 03:06 AM   #257
DMS
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrec27777 View Post
so the standarte was never recovered ? or where is it?... EC
It's someone of a long story. They took a bag of a well-known dealer and had a few of the items in that when they took it to a pawnshop one state up from me. The pawnshop bought them and then called the dealer who purchased them. There was also a really nice SS1 Deutschland Mantle that they got. The dealer called me and wanted me to purchase them from him but rightly so told me that I absolutely had to call my insurance company or I could get in major trouble for insurance fraud if I just brought them back. Which I knew and there was no chance I was going to go down that road. So I called and notified them and let them know that I would like to purchase the pieces back as well. Unfortunately, there were items that were not there and the flag ripped off of the pole without the rings was not worth anywhere near what my insurance coverage was on it. Of course, they wanted the full price. But I told them that I wanted to try and work this out with them. She was going to have the person that runs that part of the business get back in touch but I have yet to be able to connect with her.
It's kind of crazy but I just thought about this about a week before I saw this post. So maybe I will try to find their number again and reach back out to them! I sure would like to have that flag back and could probably give it some TLC and get it back up to where it looked pretty good.

Even though this is nowhere near one of my top pieces this will be something that I will regret for the rest of my life! Hopefully this is Fate giving me a reminder and I can get lucky.

DMS