wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Imperial Uniforms and Headgear

Imperial Uniforms and Headgear Imperial German Pickelhaubes and Uniforms.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Another M18 Underprice Blow Out on eBay Buy-it-Now
Old 12-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
ww1czechlegion
Association Member
 
ww1czechlegion's Avatar
 
ww1czechlegion is offline
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,658
Default Another M18 Underprice Blow Out on eBay Buy-it-Now

Another grossly underpriced M18 on fleabay that some lucky buyer snagged this morning. A Bell L 64, complete with chinstrap and super nice markings on underside of pads. Wow, a $1,100.00 "buy-it-now" bargain of the month out of Duluth, MN.

Did Rob snag it on his forklift today? Hopefully he has his seatbelt fastened when grabbing all those eBay bargains, or he might have fallen off if he found this one. (Just teasing Rob, hopefully you bought it!)

Hopefully someone here snagged it.

Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-...p2047675.l2557

Best Regards,

Alan

Last edited by ww1czechlegion; 12-03-2019 at 08:20 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #2
ROBB
Association Member
 
ROBB's Avatar
 
ROBB is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,768
Default

Lol no I was going to snag it but I thought I would leave it for someone else. It was the same one I mentioned recently in that other thread that had a bin of $685 or something like that that sold. So perhaps the first buyer never paid up! . Rob
__________________
God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2019, 08:42 PM   #3
ww1czechlegion
Association Member
 
ww1czechlegion's Avatar
 
ww1czechlegion is offline
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
It was the same one I mentioned recently in that other thread that had a bin of $685 or something like that that sold. So perhaps the first buyer never paid up!
Hi Rob,

That's funny, thanks for your reply!

I wonder who scored it?

Best Regards,

Alan
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #4
ROBB
Association Member
 
ROBB's Avatar
 
ROBB is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,768
Default

Some lucky guy . I can’t buy every BIN on the bay I would be broke and my fork lift truck would run out of diesel. Rob
__________________
God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
C. Roelens
Association Member
 
C. Roelens's Avatar
 
C. Roelens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 5,188
Default

I did not expect to see a M18 helmet this nice pop up on ebay earlier today. When I saw it, I did not hesitate but for few seconds to click on the BIN button. I'll let you know if it turns out to be as good as it looks when I get it in hand.

Chuck
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2019, 10:20 PM   #6
Hans K.
Association Member
 
Hans K.'s Avatar
 
Hans K. is offline
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 1,224
Default

Nicely done Chuck.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2019, 10:57 PM   #7
ww1czechlegion
Association Member
 
ww1czechlegion's Avatar
 
ww1czechlegion is offline
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,658
Default

Great Job Chuck, Glad to Hear You Scored It!

Best Regards,

Alan
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #8
C. Roelens
Association Member
 
C. Roelens's Avatar
 
C. Roelens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 5,188
Default

Not so fast gents, this douchebag just refunded my money. Hey Rob, I shared a little Holiday spirit by leaving him a little negative feedback. Let's see if it pops up again at double the price, maybe there's a little hanky panky going on behind closed doors.

Chuck
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #9
ROBB
Association Member
 
ROBB's Avatar
 
ROBB is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,768
Default

Probably show up with that camo I didn’t get that I got refunded on. Something fishy is going on with completed sales looks like his head has been turned by someone. Rob
__________________
God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2019, 09:22 PM   #10
DaveG
Association Member
 
DaveG is offline
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Austin
Posts: 715
Default

His current listings are for Saab auto parts. He will be happier if he remains neutral and sticks with Swedish automotive products.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2019, 12:29 AM   #11
Steve Sherlock
Association Member
 
Steve Sherlock's Avatar
 
Steve Sherlock is offline
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Upstate California
Posts: 2,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Roelens View Post
Not so fast gents, this douchebag just refunded my money. Hey Rob, I shared a little Holiday spirit by leaving him a little negative feedback. Let's see if it pops up again at double the price, maybe there's a little hanky panky going on behind closed doors.

Chuck
Damn, Chuck. Did the flake offer you some reason for reneging on the deal? If not, or if it's spurious, then definitely contact Ebay.

Steve
__________________
~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #12
nzef1940
Association Member
 
nzef1940's Avatar
 
nzef1940 is online now
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,147
Default

Sorry to hear that Chuck

This one is interesting and a tad different

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GREAT-WAR-G...torefresh=true
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #13
C. Roelens
Association Member
 
C. Roelens's Avatar
 
C. Roelens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 5,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
Damn, Chuck. Did the flake offer you some reason for reneging on the deal? If not, or if it's spurious, then definitely contact Ebay.

Steve
Not a word Steve. I'm not losing any sleep over it... some people tend to flake out this time of the year.

S/F,
Chuck
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #14
C. Roelens
Association Member
 
C. Roelens's Avatar
 
C. Roelens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 5,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzef1940 View Post
Sorry to hear that Chuck

This one is interesting and a tad different

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GREAT-WAR-G...torefresh=true
Saw that one Mike... G.B.N.64, oftentimes; referred to as the "duck bill" helmet. For me it's more like the "ugly duckling"... not one I would consider adding to the collection.

Chuck
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2019, 09:19 PM   #15
Navybean
New Member
 
Navybean's Avatar
 
Navybean is offline
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: NW
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww1czechlegion View Post
Another grossly underpriced M18 on fleabay that some lucky buyer snagged this morning. A Bell L 64, complete with chinstrap and super nice markings on underside of pads. Wow, a $1,100.00 "buy-it-now" bargain of the month out of Duluth, MN.

Did Rob snag it on his forklift today? Hopefully he has his seatbelt fastened when grabbing all those eBay bargains, or he might have fallen off if he found this one. (Just teasing Rob, hopefully you bought it!)

Hopefully someone here snagged it.

Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-...p2047675.l2557

Best Regards,

Alan
Good evening

I am new to this forum so hope it is Ok if I ask this here. Is the eBay helmet desirable just based on the Model M-18 (with the chin strap attached to the liner) or is it desirable because of the makers mark and date on the pad?
I do not know the going rate for a M18 verses a M16 or M17 helmet so not sure if the sellers listed price is the current price for one.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com