wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Wehrmacht Equipment Forum

Wehrmacht Equipment Forum Equipment and gear of the Wehrmacht era.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:42 AM   #16
djpool
Association Member

Amazing pictures. I don't know if the German troops would be too happy if I was able to find a time machine; because they would be marching to the POW camp in their underwear! Jim

Old 08-06-2018, 06:26 AM   #17
ZAM
Association Member

Most of the Soldiers were happy to be American POWs... but most of them were sent to the Russians a few Days later, and never came back.

I reasearched the History of what happend in Tangermünde for our Filmproject, this is a Part of it!

Old 08-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #18
kiler

Small off-topic:

Could this Luftwaffe guy from the second picture be from a "Hermann Goering" formation? Sumpftarn smock may point to HG 2 Division.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #19
anmarlodz
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiler View Post
Small off-topic:

Could this Luftwaffe guy from the second picture be from a "Hermann Goering" formation? Sumpftarn smock may point to HG 2 Division.
Aaaa NO. Sumpftarn smock point NOTHING except the fact it was issued to someone from LW unit.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:56 AM   #20
kiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmarlodz View Post
Aaaa NO. Sumpftarn smock point NOTHING except the fact it was issued to someone from LW unit.
Interesting. I didn`t know that there were units of Luftwaffe other than HG 2 (seen on photos from East Prussia in Autumn 1944: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/86...64338db1d3.png ) that were issued Sumpftarn smocks.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:05 AM   #21
anmarlodz
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiler View Post
Interesting. I didn`t know that there were units of Luftwaffe other than HG 2 (seen on photos from East Prussia in Autumn 1944: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/86...64338db1d3.png ) that were issued Sumpftarn smocks.
Realy so ignorant ?! Do you think the only LW unit on east was HG, realy ? This shows how limited knowledge you have.
Flak units, LW field divisions, field airfields personel - all were there and at least flak units and LW divions had used sumpftarn camuflage smocks along with LW smocks.

Widać, że masz człowieku szczątkową wiedzę na temat Luftu na wschodzie ( albo inaczej kompletny brak wiedzy w temacie ), skoro jedyną jednostkę LW jaką kojarzysz to HG.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #22
kiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmarlodz View Post
Realy so ignorant ?! Do you think the only LW unit on east was HG, realy ? This shows how limited knowledge you have.
Flak units, LW field divisions, field airfields personel - all were there and at least flak units and LW divions had used sumpftarn camuflage smocks along with LW smocks.

Widać, że masz człowieku szczątkową wiedzę na temat Luftu na wschodzie ( albo inaczej kompletny brak wiedzy w temacie ), skoro jedyną jednostkę LW jaką kojarzysz to HG.
Of course I`m aware of other Luftwaffe units on the Eastern Front: both main HG division`s, both E. u A. HG regiments destroyed near Graudenz, lots of Flak units, FJs, etc., etc. . As for LW Feld-Divisions that you mentioned I believe only 21st fought in the east at that time but in Courland so no chance to be near that bridge.

However, I`ve never seen pictures with LW soldiers wearing THAT type of smock (not FJ smock nor Feld-Div smock) other then the ones from HG 2 Division in the East Prussia. What is more, in the end of April 1945 HG 2 along with other HG corp`s units (but without HG 1 after HG corps split in January 1945) was in the Bautzen/Dresden area (around Kamenz, Konigsbruck and Bischofswerda I believe) and it surely took part in the "wild" raid to the American lines in the beginning of May. That were the main reasons of my assumption and not "If it is Luftwaffe on the Eastern Front then it must be mega-panzer-paratrooper from the elite Hermann Goering Division!" (and yes, I know that they had "Falschirm" in the unit`s name not because they used parachutes).

On the one hand, I am aware of the fact that it could even be the case of a random airfield personnel flieger that borrowed this smock from his Heer colleagues (it seems from that footage that they had a lot of them) but on the other they all could be from HG 2 as well as HG units were issued standard Heer clothing in the end of the war and you could distinguish them (and even not always) only by LW caps and LW belt buckles. I`ve just noticed a LW soldier in Sumpftarn smock and counted on interesting discussion, such as the one about Sumpftarn FJ smocks in Normandy, that's all.

Moreover, you don`t have to write in Polish to me here - my English is good enough to understand your posts and we don`t need to bore other Members with our "private Polish chit-chat" ("Repeat please!" scene from "Battle of Britain" movie for non-Polish Members ;-) ). You can always use PM for that (especially for that kind of unfair and unpleasant statements).

Finally, I know that you are knowledgable and experienced collector and I will always appreciate your remarks, but I would be grateful if they weren`t in such an unpleasant form.

Last edited by kiler; 08-12-2018 at 01:05 AM.