wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Community Forums > Living History Forum

Living History Forum Discussions of battlefield sites, reenacting, veteran news, and all "current" historical events.

miltracks 2018
Old 04-15-2018, 06:25 AM   #1
dutchcollector
Association Member

Default miltracks 2018

hi guys,
is any of you thinking about going to Miltracks in Overloon, the Netherlands in the weekend of 19th en 20th of may?

http://www.militracks.nl/nl/

if a number of you are going we might meet up?

greetings Rik

I'm proud to be a sergeant in the royal dutch army

ik beloof trouw aan de koningin
gehoorzaamheid aan de wetten
en onderwerping aan de krijgstucht
dat beloof ik

Old 04-15-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
Marcel Banziger

I always liked Militracks and been going since the beginning. However the last time I already felt they wanted to become too big for what is possible. Long queues everywhere, prices for food gone much up even though the portions become smaller every year. Too many people on such a small terrain to keep it comfortable. Rides in vehicles are cool but free rides to friends and "important" people who are getting prioritised before visitors actually paying for rides and thus who have to wait longer and longer because of that is also not the way it should be.
The market is usually nice to stroll around but I see an increase of junk every time again.
All in all, I will skip from now on. Had quite some good years there but the negatives become bigger than the positives for me personally.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
wilhelm Saris

Location: in the south of the Netherlands (between Venlo and Eindhoven), near the German and Belgium border

It is always nice to be there and meet friends, have a chat or whatever. Crowded or not, I do not care. Neither I do care about eventual queues and expensive food.
And isn't it so we see junk all over at militaria-shows? Typical Dutch habit this complaining. We live in a "meddling- and commentary"culture! A real pity......
I only do visit at Saturday. E-tickets are bought already!

I am anxious waiting for the new update about a Königstiger to be there. April 1 (no joke) was announced things were not yet arranged. I check every week.
Believe me, if this Tiger, will be there, it will be crowded even more. I do not like vehicles and such at all, but to see such thing would be great, even more
when it will ride on the terrain!

Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 04-15-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
dutchcollector
Association Member

thanks for your comments so far guys, i haven't been there yet. would be really great to see the tiger 2. i've read that per day there is a maximum of 8000 people.

I'm proud to be a sergeant in the royal dutch army

ik beloof trouw aan de koningin
gehoorzaamheid aan de wetten
en onderwerping aan de krijgstucht
dat beloof ik

Old 04-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #5
Marcel Banziger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
Typical Dutch habit this complaining.
Well, I have been there every single year, and those years when it was a two day event I've always been both days. So I know what I am talking about. Typical Dutch or not, I don't care. When quality goes down or when there are things that could be improved it should be mentioned!

Old 04-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
wilhelm Saris

Location: in the south of the Netherlands (between Venlo and Eindhoven), near the German and Belgium border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
Well, I have been there every single year, and those years when it was a two day event I've always been both days. So I know what I am talking about. Typical Dutch or not, I don't care. When quality goes down or when there are things that could be improved it should be mentioned!
That is your opinion! I have been there also practically each year. One day is okay for me, even it is in "my back yarden". I know what I am talking about for the Saturdays.
The only thing they could do is to put a hold to the number of visitors.

And junk and fake I see since the earliest 1970's, when I started visiting militaria-shows in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.

Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 04-16-2018 at 08:28 AM.