wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Achtung Panzer! Forum

Achtung Panzer! Forum This forum is designated to discuss the equipment, battles and people of the Panzertruppe.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #106
kammo man

N
I will dig out the merc pics but they are buried in a file somewhere.
Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armor
Old 10-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #107
TK GUY
Association Member

Default armor

Nomis - Maybe the moderator can set up a new thread and copy over the posts for the members who are interested in discussing the armor from the Bovington Tank Museum featured in the move "Fury" and their respective units.

Hi Owen,

Great movie crew book with 2nd Armored Division, 66th Armored Regiment emblems embossed on it. As you know, those are the numbers/symbols that would be on the left rear mud guard. Each of F Company’s tanks would have F and a number (1-17) on the right mud guard to identify the specific tank. I believe Fury was F-2. Here is a picture of the real Fury in Normandy. I have been able to track down some of the F Company tanks names: Fury, Fancy Pants, Fear, and Francis. Does anyone know any of the other F/66th tank names, or have a personnel roster? If so, please send me a PM.

That is something that you dug the stencils for the 2nd AD/66th AR out of the trash and still have them.

Another interesting thing about F/66th is that it was one of the companies assigned to CCA’s Task Force Rose (who later commanded the 3rd AD) that on June 13th participated in the Battle of Bloody Gulch, near Carentan, Normandy and “helped” elements of the 101st Airborne Div. against the counter attack by the 6th FJ and 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division Gotz Von Berlichingen, as portrayed in the Band of Brothers series.

One of the F/66th Lieutenants lost five different Sherman tanks of his own from Normandy to Berlin. Later in the war, he was the Company Commander. His tank was named Fancy Pants. F/66th was also one of the lucky units that received the new M26 Pershing tank in March 1945. They had a platoon of five Pershing tanks.

Thanks for posting the additional photos from the opening scene set. I wish they would have panned around the opening battlefield scene more to show all the great armor and material. Quite a collection there. The mock up Tiger I looks great.

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fury real one with normandy f 66th.jpg (84.2 KB, 166 views)

Old 10-12-2018, 11:37 PM   #108
kammo man

Paul.
I will get to that.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:50 AM   #109
Seigfried

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomis View Post
This is no longer about Bovington Tiger display, as headed.

If you want to 'self congratulate' about other WW2 stuff and pat yourselves on the back..............start your own thread somewhere else

Agree - thread totally hijacked - there are already enough threads on 'FURY' FFS.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #110
kammo man

I am sorry. For posting
Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk