wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum

Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum Wehrmacht, Political and Organizational Standards, flags, and car pennants.

DAF Nassereith Flag
Old 04-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
Reichpaper
Association Member

Default DAF Nassereith Flag

Nassereith is in the Austrian Alps, in the State of Tyrol. Regretfully all the rings are missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0546.jpg (123.5 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0547.jpg (228.4 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0543.jpg (127.3 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0544.jpg (166.4 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Reichpaper; 04-16-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
Reichpaper
Association Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0549.jpg (117.2 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0545.jpg (195.1 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0548.jpg (173.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0550.jpg (241.4 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by Reichpaper; 04-16-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:38 AM   #3
pado

is a good and original example of DAF flag

best
Max

Old 04-18-2018, 05:12 AM   #4
darrenbate

Nice original. I wonder how many of these flags were made? There seems to be thousands of them still in circulation even now.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #5
Reichpaper
Association Member

Tons, I'm sure. Every city, town and village had a DAF unit. Some more than one. I prefer them right now as they are the cheapest patch flag.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #6
wilhelm Saris

Location: in the south of the Netherlands (between Venlo and Eindhoven), near the German and Belgium border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichpaper View Post
Tons, I'm sure. Every city, town and village had a DAF unit. Some more than one. I prefer them right now as they are the cheapest patch flag.
Do not forget there were flags for Kreiswaltung (red brown velvet patch with black edge) and the name for the Kreis; Ortswaltung (light brown cloth with a bright blue edge). The patch includes the name for this local level. Remind that with this NO number ever was included; further there were the flags for concerns (Betriebe had the same sort of patch, but with a name of a local level, along with a number. For example Wedding 6).

With various occasions I have seen numbers as high as 8 (Siegen-Hammerhütte 8) or 9 (Schwerte 9 or Wels West 9). My guess is there were anyway thousands of these flags! Remind that with another
thread I mentioned the existance of over 900 Kreis-levels. So, there were many more local levels.

Another reminder from the order 13/36. Names for concerns were officially NOT allowed.

Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 04-28-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #7
Reichpaper
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
Do not forget there were flags for Kreiswaltung (red brown velvet patch with black edge) and the name for the Kreis; Ortswaltung (light brown cloth with a bright blue edge). The patch includes the name for this local level. Remind that with this NO number ever was included; further there were the flags for concerns (Betriebe had the same sort of patch, but with a name of a local level, along with a number. For example Wedding 6).

With various occasions I have seen numbers as high as 8 (Siegen-Hammerhütte 8) or 9 (Schwerte 9 or Wels West 9). My guess is there were anyway thousands of these flags! Remind that with another
thread I mentioned the existance of over 900 Kreis-levels. So, there were many more local levels.

Another reminder from the order 13/36. Names for concerns were officially NOT allowed.
When talking about Weis West 9 or Schwartz 9, these are the highest Orts level flags that you have seen?

Old 04-29-2018, 02:08 AM   #8
wilhelm Saris

Location: in the south of the Netherlands (between Venlo and Eindhoven), near the German and Belgium border

Quote:
When talking about Weis West 9 or Schwartz 9, these are the highest Orts level flags that you have seen?
Wels West 9 or Schwerte 9 were NO orts level flags, but flags for concerns. See what I wrote. Orts-level had just a name and NO number.
The shown flag is an Orts-flag and not one for a concern.
In the book of ZIP-codes for Germany this name is not included. It is noted to be in Austria, near Imst in Tirol. A German town nearby is
Garmisch-Partenkirchen.

Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 04-29-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:21 AM   #9
Reichpaper
Association Member

I'm not sure what you mean by 'concerns".

Old 04-29-2018, 02:24 AM   #10
wilhelm Saris

Quote:
factories and business and so in line a concern.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:05 AM   #11
ivbaust
Association Member

Quote:
Corporate group or consolidated companies. In German it is called „Konzern“.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:50 PM   #12
Reichpaper
Association Member

Good info. I didn't realize that the flags without numbers were different from the numbered flags. I just assumed it was a smaller town with only one flag

Last edited by Reichpaper; 04-30-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:30 AM   #13
Reichpaper
Association Member

I attached the patch as I think this one is odd. The number is high, they must of had quite a few factory groupings. Is the use of the city and a location in the city normal, as far as naming goes? All the numbered DAF flags I see usually just have the city name.

The following is listed in wikipedia under Andreastor NS-Zeit:

In der Zeit des Nationalsozialismus wurde der Begriff „Andreastor“ für eine der vier damals bestandenen Ortsgruppen „Andreastor“, „Liebenau“, „Wasserturm“ und „Mainzertor“ verwendet. Eine im Jahre 1939 geplante Ausweitung auf sieben Ortsgruppen kam nicht mehr zu Stande.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0324.jpg (148.6 KB, 85 views)

Old 04-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #14
wilhelm Saris

Quote:
I attached the patch as I think this one is odd. The number is high, they must of had quite a few factory groupings. Is the use of the city and a location in the city normal, as far as naming goes? All the numbered DAF flags I see usually just have the city name.

The following is listed in wikipedia under Andreastor NS-Zeit:

In der Zeit des Nationalsozialismus wurde der Begriff „Andreastor“ für eine der vier damals bestandenen Ortsgruppen „Andreastor“, „Liebenau“, „Wasserturm“ und „Mainzertor“ verwendet. Eine im Jahre 1939 geplante Ausweitung auf sieben Ortsgruppen kam nicht mehr zu Stande.
If we could find all information about levels, then it all would be easy. But I do not know where to find them. I can give how it was for Danzig, the outer city and the inner city.

Danzig-Aussenstadt had the following Ortsgruppe:
Altschotland,
Emaus
Gr. Waldorf
Heubude
Molde
Petershagen
Ohra
Schidlitz.

Danzig-Innenstadt:
Altstadt
Fischmarkt
Gr. Mühle
Jungstadt
Krantor
Langermarkt
Rechtsstadt
Langgarten
Wattenbuden
Weidenhof.
This was due to a new re-organization from late 1937.

I have no idea how they have numbered in Worms. I have no idea if there was that massive industry!

In my opinion the system is quite intricate. Factories etc. with over 50 employees could apply for a flag.
It was the Kreiswalter who decided if a flag was to be used. Every Ort or Kreis had to use anyway at least
one flag. The so-called Kreisorganisationswalter listed the Orts-levels, as wel as the industry and so with
working employees. There was also a rule about when already an NSBO flag was used, how to proceed
then.

Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 04-30-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #15
Reichpaper
Association Member

I just came across this flag in an ended auction. I've never seen a number this high.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 94ded3df-3a69-4549-b834-4f403eb6969f_fullsize.jpg (29.6 KB, 39 views)