wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Wehrmacht Equipment Forum

Wehrmacht Equipment Forum Equipment and gear of the Wehrmacht era.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Post war use of G43 pouches
Old 06-03-2019, 03:28 AM   #1
fullriede
Member
 
fullriede is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: POLAND
Posts: 409
Default Post war use of G43 pouches

Pictures from WW2 with G43 pouches in use are extremaly rare. But here something much more uncommon - one picture from 1946 or 1947 with two polish cavalry soldiers carrying G43 pouches and Mosin 44 or 38 carbines - as honour guard. Cavalry units have been disbanded around 1947, so the picture could not be made after 1947.


  Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2019, 04:44 AM   #2
pzo
Association Member
 
pzo's Avatar
 
pzo is offline
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,197
Default

Great picture. Thanks for sharing. Where are these pouches now? Have You found them?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2019, 05:30 AM   #3
Grubhy
Member
 
Grubhy's Avatar
 
Grubhy is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,510
Default

Fantastic picture Full, thank you for sharing
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2019, 06:37 AM   #4
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator
 
Willi Z.'s Avatar
 
Willi Z. is offline
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 22,283
Default

Fantastic picture indeed! Thanks for sharing it with us.
__________________

Willi

Preußens Gloria!
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2019, 03:04 AM   #5
IanC
Association Member
 
IanC's Avatar
 
IanC is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,539
Default

Superb! Can only echo what has been already been said. Thank you for posting these.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
Vox_populi
Member
 
Vox_populi is offline
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullriede View Post
Pictures from WW2 with G43 pouches in use are extremaly rare. But here something much more uncommon - one picture from 1946 or 1947 with two polish cavalry soldiers carrying G43 pouches and Mosin 44 or 38 carbines - as honour guard. Cavalry units have been disbanded around 1947, so the picture could not be made after 1947.


There is a date of death - 1946 - on the postument so it's easy to date this photo
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 02:32 AM   #7
kiler
Member
 
kiler is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullriede View Post
Cavalry units have been disbanded around 1947
The last regular unit - 1st Warsaw`s Cavalry Division - was disbanded on 27th of January 1947. However, on other forum I found info that this soldiers are from President`s Personal Cavalry Squadron which was disbanded later, in the summer of 1948.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #8
fullriede
Member
 
fullriede is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: POLAND
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox_populi View Post
There is a date of death - 1946 - on the postument so it's easy to date this photo
It is easy to date the postument only

How do we know it is burial ceremony?
And not All Saints' Day? Or first anniversary of his death?
As you see - tombstone is finished already. Usually - it is ready days or weeks after burial ceremony. And see growing flowers on the grave...

Last edited by fullriede; 06-05-2019 at 03:59 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2019, 11:34 AM   #9
Vox_populi
Member
 
Vox_populi is offline
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullriede View Post
It is easy to date the postument only

How do we know it is burial ceremony?
And not All Saints' Day? Or first anniversary of his death?
As you see - tombstone is finished already. Usually - it is ready days or weeks after burial ceremony. And see growing flowers on the grave...
Yes, I must agree with you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2019, 06:37 AM   #10
Dmv
Member
 
Dmv's Avatar
 
Dmv is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,026
Default

thanks for showing!
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com