wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Deutsche Demokratische Republik

Deutsche Demokratische Republik All things related to the German Democratic Republic 1949-1989

DDR parade sabers / swords
Old 01-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
Capt. R
Association Member

Default DDR parade sabers / swords

Has there ever been an attempt to record the serial #s of DDR parade swords in collections? I wonder how many original ones exist in collections. They seem to be scarce items and not often found - maybe since they were not privately owned but issued by the armories only for parades and when needed.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
SCHUPO

There are a couple of good threads on DDR swords but no effort has been made to record serial numbers that I know of.

There is also a thread on paratroop knife styles and serial numbers if I remember correctly. There is another thread on the late period tool bayonet serial numbers but that does not help you with your sword question I am afraid.