wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Korean War

Korean War Dedicated to the history and memorabilia of the war in Korea, 1950 to the present.

US Korean War Memoirs
Old 06-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
Michael Page

Post US Korean War Memoirs

I'd like to make this a repository for known firsthand accounts of the KW by US military veterans. Feel free to add a brief review or summary (if you've read it) as well as the unit(s) involved if you know them.

Ones that I'll add are:

White Tigers: My Secret War In North Korea - Col. Ben S. Malcom, USA Retired. This is a very readable account of an officer with UNPIK, United Nations Partisan Infantry, Korea.

Follow Me Up Fool's Mountain: Korea, 1951
- Dudley C. Gould. This is in the mail, and I haven't read it yet but the Google Books preview looked interesting. The book wasn't published until recently, so I don't know how accurate it is. The unit is the 38th Infantry of the 2nd Infantry Division, and appears to be a "tell it like it is" account with a fair amount of criticism of officers, etc.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:17 PM   #2
Michael Page

This is a page on the Korean War Educator site comprising stories that veterans have submitted. Pretty interesting.

http://www.koreanwar-educator.org/memoirs/

Old 12-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
pcke2000

another interesting book:

"The Korean War' by General Matthew B. Ridgway

Old 01-03-2018, 01:21 AM   #4
Michael Page

I recently received "Waiting for the Blessed Light of Dawn" by Hoffsiss, 1999. Adequately written, in a sort of diary form. The author was in 3rd of the 5th Cavalry, which was reflagged from a battalion of the 14th Infantry and sent to Korea from the States. Privately published, it's an obscure little book and is rather pricey. I find it interesting.

help
Old 01-17-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
Dented

Default help

my father was in the Korean war in 1952 and he got an honorable discharge certificate I was just wondering if there is some sort of pin or lapel he should have got. I'm making a plaque and would love to have it in it if there are one thanks