wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:55 PM   #16
Guardian 5
Association Member

Hi Reiner,

You are a member of a very exclusive club. Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge of the canvas type pouch. I never knew it was used by these units as well.

All the best,
TJ

Old 01-31-2017, 05:59 PM   #17
Guardian 5
Association Member

Here is a picture of the Bundeswehr double leather pouch that was mentioned earlier by Jens.

Thanks,
TJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5177629.jpg (80.5 KB, 186 views)

Old 01-31-2017, 06:09 PM   #18
Guardian 5
Association Member

Gents,

Reiner's post prompted me to go searching for a previously posted picture of what I believe to be BEPOs in West Berlin.

If you look closely at the kneeling BEPO on the left with the French MAS 36 rifle, you can just make out some sort of canvas ammo pouch. Whether it is a Wehrmacht style G-43 pouch or G1/G3 pouch is uncertain.

All the best,
TJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PreBGSSquad.jpg (114.7 KB, 187 views)

Old 01-31-2017, 11:17 PM   #19
Klaus1989

Bepo used the same black leather pouch for FN FAL as the BGS. Sometimes you can ones with state markings, although they are rare. I have seen Hamburg and possibly West Berlin ones. The "pouch" on the kneeling man of the left is actually his pocket. Berlin used the Kar. 98k pouches for the MAS36.

btw are the Bw leather double pouches part of a harness kit like the canvas ones? They not seem to be attached to a belt.

Regards
Klaus

G1 Canvas pouch
Old 02-01-2017, 03:56 AM   #20
ReinerMB42

Default G1 Canvas pouch

Hello Klaus,

my canvas pouch is in the same olive (light green) colour as a Beretta-mag-pouch I got from a former S.-H. Bepo-member. Both are exactly made like the BGS-ones. So I think the Bepo got the same Equipment and made the same changes like the BGS. The leather pouches where introduced in 1957, shortly after the canvas ones, which explained the rarity. I can´t upload pictures here, but can send them to you if you want.

Best regards

Reiner

Old 02-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #21
Klaus1989

yes, Bepo generally followed BGS changes with a few exceptions, sometimes with delay. Especially Schleswig-Holstein. But the canvas pouches are different from the ones in the first post.

You can send the photos to me or maybe better to send to Gordon to post, because he is association member.

Regards
Klaus

Old 02-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #22
Collectinsteve

IIRC I was the one that posted that very old BePo picture which I found on eBay. From what I remember the photo was dated to be late 1940s. We had a discussion about it here and there were lots of interesting comments made about the equipment and uniforms (a mix of British and WW2 Luftwaffe).

Based on the timeframe and other equipment I don't think it's likely there is anything in that picture which was made explicitly for BePo or was anything other than an Erzatz item.

Somewhere I have a brown leather G1/G3 pouch in the same style of the BGS/BePo type, but with a snap closure instead of the stud type. No markings on it. I've tried to get it identified but so far no luck. I think there's more oddball stuff out there than we think.

Steve

Old 02-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #23
Klaus1989

Steve,

the Berlin Bepo photo posted is not from late 40s, it is 50s (no Bepo units that early!) and all the gear is indeed made for Bepo except possibly the Kar. 98k pouches the man with the MAS36 wear. The mag pouches are special Berlin issue for Sten mags, leather gear is all Berlin issue, as are the coveralls and rest of uniforms. Weapons supplied by the Western occupation armies. Nothing Luftwaffe or WW2 at all.

Just normal Berlin field uniforms up to early 60s, when a proper Einsatzanzug was introduced.

Regards
Klaus

Old 10-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #24
Guardian 5
Association Member

Gents,

This is a very interesting picture on many levels.

What surprised me however is the ammo pouch being worn by the gunner near the breach of the howitzer.

Thanks,
TJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bw cannon.jpg (172.4 KB, 157 views)

MagPouch
Old 10-09-2017, 04:51 AM   #25
ReinerMB42

Default MagPouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian 5 View Post
Gents,

This is a very interesting picture on many levels.

What surprised me however is the ammo pouch being worn by the gunner near the breach of the howitzer.

Thanks,
TJ
Hi Gents,

seemed to be the experimental Gray/Green Leather MagPouch which was tested with the leather y-straps, but not introduced. There has been a picture on WAF of them and other exp. Equipment worn by 2 BW-Soldiers for testing some time ago...

Best regards

Reiner

Old 12-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #26
Gran Sasso
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian 5 View Post
Here is a picture of the Bundeswehr double leather pouch that was mentioned earlier by Jens.

Thanks,
TJ
Here is one for sale, if anyone is interested in:

https://www.kpemig.de/Bundeswehr-Mag...-guter-Zustand

Old 12-16-2017, 07:34 AM   #27
hoover

Already sold. Do anyone has the price for the set? Shame, the pouch is missing in my collection.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #28
Asbjoern
Association Member

....they asked 120,- € plus postage for one pouch with two mags...

For such a gem not a bad price....but I resisted...

Jens

Old 12-17-2017, 12:02 PM   #29
hoover

I think I bought it if I had see it. Like my set for the FN FAL. Don´t think, buy it. Maybe there won´t be another chance.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:26 PM   #30
Collectinsteve

My problem with paying so much for something like this is that a matching set is required for the uniform to be complete. Maybe another one will never come up for sale, maybe only a terrible condition one that doesn't match. Now, if I already had one in similar condition... EUR 120 is a huge price, but I also think I'd do it

Overall the BW prices on that website are too high, from what I saw.

Steve