wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum Uniforms, insignias and armbands.

View Poll Results: Generalmajor Dietrich Beelitz Uniform look convincing?
No Way, its looks like its from 'Allo 'Allo!! 51 40.80%
Uniform Looks Legit 31 24.80%
Dunno, going to sit this one out. 43 34.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2005, 04:40 PM   #16
DonC
Association Member

Show a scan of the inside of the visor...

Don

Old 07-19-2005, 03:48 PM   #17
bratwurstdimsum

Thanks but I can't, its already been sold on ebay by some guy in Italy! These pics are all he gave me...Greg is right, $10000 is a lot of faith to put in these teeny tiny shots!

Old 07-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #18
DonC
Association Member

The reason I asked was because one of the scans had the interior of the cap on the site - it looked very much like the inside of one of those minty Erels that go on eBay.de for 50-60 € - tjhe scan did not match the pictures of the outside of the cap, so I figured that something was messed up somewhere...

Don

Old 07-31-2005, 07:31 AM   #19
Romain

the exactly same uniform set already was for sale on Ebay but named to general Kesserling.

It was for me a very important problem.

Old 01-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #20
TMurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romain
the exactly same uniform set already was for sale on Ebay but named to general Kesserling.

It was for me a very important problem.
This I would've liked to have seen, such a piece is unlikely to ever be offered via eBay.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #21
Bobwirtz

The thing is, if these tunics and great items on eBay are anywhere near authentic, the seller is WASTING HIS TIME using the auction. Collectors know other collectors for the most part and all they would have to do is make a couple of phone calls and BANG! this is sold just like that. Why put something like this on an auction and start bidding at $100 and leave it for 7 days? Waste of time... if it's authentic, it would sell in a heartbeat to another collector on a phone call.

Bob

Old 01-19-2006, 11:01 PM   #22
Sparky
Expelled

Bob,

While I agree that what you posted probably would have happened, I disagree that just because an auction starts at a low opening bid then it must be a fake, reproduction or something fishy is going on.

On the rare occasion that I sell on Ebay, I usually start the auction at $1 and never more than $20. I have sold a rare P-47 fighter ace DSC/Brit.DFC grouping and started bidding at $1 with NO RESERVE! Good stuff sells regardless of the starting bid.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:04 AM   #23
Gerard/Relic Hunter

Hi,
I bought this uniform from the guy who bought it. The hat and the medals were repros, the tunic, breeches and other items were all original and beautiful. Just thought I'd mention it, in case others didn't see the other thread.

God Bless,

Gerard

Old 01-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #24
dukhunter

Is this not the same tunic that jacquesf has for sale on E-stand?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #25
DaveG
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Bob,

While I agree that what you posted probably would have happened, I disagree that just because an auction starts at a low opening bid then it must be a fake, reproduction or something fishy is going on.

On the rare occasion that I sell on Ebay, I usually start the auction at $1 and never more than $20. I have sold a rare P-47 fighter ace DSC/Brit.DFC grouping and started bidding at $1 with NO RESERVE! Good stuff sells regardless of the starting bid.
I agree and do the same thing when I list on ebay. It's hard for an auction to break out if you list your $10K tunic at $9,999. There's a different mentality when dealing with auctions. I see it all the time: list your item at retail and hope bidding starts from there. Rarely works that way.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #26
PaulChep

The General died in 2002 at the age of 96. He did not have WWI service being born in 1906. If you look at the loops for a medal bar or ribbon bar you will see that it goes the full width of the pocket which would be a ribbon bar of at least 5 places or more. General Beelitz did not have enough decorations to go that width. For that reason I have my doubts on the uniform.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #27
jacquesf
Association Member

It is my tunic, which I had fully research. That and the information I received from the original owner, which indirectly got it from the vet, confirms that it is Beelitz tunic. However, I know that the eagle was post war restored (find that out only after the listing) and IMO some of the loops were collector added. Beelitz never received the IAB or wb. The ribbon bar on the tunic represents his awards of his career. Jacques

Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #28
Dennis S
Association Member

Jacques , As I pm'ed you the other night I will confirm for you that I pulled this one out of the woodwork about 1978-79. The tunic was as you listed it , but without the breast eagle.

Here is the story, I was a young collector and and visited the Englishtown Auction Sales( flea market) in the late 70's every Saturday. I made a few acquaintances with some of the dealers of which none were Militaria Dealers. There was an oak furniture guy who would buy old oak furniture and occasionally pick up something oddball. He knew absolutely nothing about militaria. He picked up the tunic out of a house that he bought some furniture from. He told me the vet reported to him tghe following. When they captured the tunic or however it was taken he and his GI friends all took a piece( medals) off the tunic including one guy cutting off the breast eagle. I don't remember exactly how many loops it had, but I do remember him saying 5 GI's with him taking the tunic . I am sure of the Medal Bar, EKI, and German Cross loops I can't swear to the others, but I do think they were there or at least one.

This tunic had not been in any collectors hands when I bought it

I traded off the tunic like a young fool to a dealer named Grant from Canada whom I can't remember his last name. I think I got several EM tunics and a complete M44 tunic and matching pants late war brown with blue buttons.
At the time General Tunics were bringing about 500.00-750.00. Oh! and I bought the tunic much cheaper . Later I saw the tunic for sale with the breast eagle applied. If I recall correctly it was a Kreigsmarine Officers eagle that had been either magic markered or dyed over the navy blue to give it a dark green color. I remember seeing a thread or two of the blue still showing near the under edges.

When the hat, pants, etc . mated up I have no idea, but I only bought the tunic and the vet had no other pieces.

As Jacque knows I would really like the tunic back, but cannot afford it right now. So whoever gets it keep me in mind.

I also posted this redundantly on the other thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #29
Johnny R
Association Member

Do you rememember if the name tag was there and the same as it appears now? That is the thing that seems to bother most people.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gen%2005.jpg (109.6 KB, 821 views)

Old 01-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #30
Dennis S
Association Member

To the best of my recollection it is the same. Beelitz was very clearly printed and it was for an Oberst. It peaked my interest that it was the same tunic when John Donovan had it for sale and I saw the celleon collar tabs. I also seem to remember Juno in the date.

I am not schilling for Jacque, actually this is the first correspondence I ever had with him. I did send a PM to Donovan when he had it for sale a couple of years ago. I am not sure if it interested him .

Last edited by Dennis S; 01-13-2010 at 08:54 PM.