wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Wehrmacht Equipment Forum

Wehrmacht Equipment Forum Equipment and gear of the Wehrmacht era.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #16
me6_130
Association Member

Hello Tim,

I believe the single strip model was used to set the trager in vehicles, such as the Kubelwagen. I imagine it could have been used for the bike's sidecar...but seems the Wehrmacht always invented something more complicated...for our delight What would thousands of collectors in the world do if the Wehrmacht hadn't existed?

Carles

Old 06-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #17
pzo
Association Member

The patience is the most important factor. Thank for sharing Your methods. No revolution in this field ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by me6_130 View Post
Hello,

It depends on how stuck the paint is. I first try cleaning dirt...with a damp cloth (you never know, repaint might also come off). I then try mechanical means, scratching off with a knife or other sharp tool. If not good, then I try with turpentine in water...if not good, acetone...and if no result, paint remover in little areas. The best is the right combination of all of them + a lot of patience

Carles

Old 06-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #18
me6_130
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
Hi Carles,

Very nice indeed. I have seen the basic mounting plate as a single strip unit but not the that one with the large side plate affixed.

Always nice to see something new. Thanks for posting the pic's of the mount by itself. Much appreciated.

Regards
Hello Tim

It is curious, either you wait ages for the bus or you get two at the same time! Have you seen this pic in this other thread:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1006670&page=2

Carles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rust 6.jpg (35.1 KB, 23 views)

Old 06-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #19
timg
Association Member

Hi Carles,

I did indeed, and I smiled when I saw it as I knew what it was as per your informative post !

Like you say, busses et al then they all arrive.

I have noticed the same on a certain auction website. Someone posts an item and they all come out of the woodwork like worms.

Also when someone describes something as "Rare" I wish they would do a search first as there is usually 57 items the same standard on the site!

Regards

Tim

Last edited by timg; 06-18-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling