wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #16
Gordon Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPL2008 View Post
A better photograph of Georg von Trusczynski may be found here:

https://www.klaus-paffenholz.de/bos-...szczynski.html

It also offers a better view of his impressive ribbon rack. Note the wartime decorations in the fifth row from top.
HPL2008,

Thanks for the link. I have never been able to find this good a picture of Georg von Trusczynski's ribbon bar. He certainly was well recognized for his good works.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 03-21-2019, 12:33 AM   #17
Gene T

I posted this jacket many years ago, but it belongs in this thread too. The maker label is 1962 dated. There was a different sleeve patch on it at one time, presumably THW or ZB. I wonder whether the re-badging was done privately or by the organization?

The jacket was dirty but even-colored when I got it; I regret very much having put it thru a washing machine, as the dye doesn't seem particularly colorfast.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:06 AM   #18
HPL2008
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene T View Post
The maker label is 1962 dated. There was a different sleeve patch on it at one time, presumably THW or ZB. I wonder whether the re-badging was done privately or by the organization?
Very likely by the organisation.

During my time in the Bavarian Red Cross, stocks of these old Zivilschutz uniforms (jackets and bib overalls) were still retained and issued as work uniforms for civil defense/desaster relief training activities as late as the 1990s. (There weren't enough of the newer grey work/field uniforms to go around.). These, too, were re-badged with DRK sleeve badges to replace the ZB ones.

If memory serves, personnel of my hometown's municipal signals- and NBC units (the Fernmeldezug and ABC-Zug, disbanded in the 1990s) wore these uniforms as well.

I see no reason why it shouldn't have been the same situation for the MHD, which is also a Katastrophenschutz organisation.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #19
Gene T

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPL2008 View Post
Very likely by the organisation.

During my time in the Bavarian Red Cross, stocks of these old Zivilschutz uniforms (jackets and bib overalls) were still retained and issued as work uniforms for civil defense/desaster relief training activities as late as the 1990s. (There weren't enough of the newer grey work/field uniforms to go around.). These, too, were re-badged with DRK sleeve badges to replace the ZB ones.

If memory serves, personnel of my hometown's municipal signals- and NBC units (the Fernmeldezug and ABC-Zug, disbanded in the 1990s) wore these uniforms as well.

I see no reason why it shouldn't have been the same situation for the MHD, which is also a Katastrophenschutz organisation.
Very interesting information. Thanks for sharing it!