wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > U.S. Militaria Forum

U.S. Militaria Forum Militaria of the United States of America.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #16
coloradocowboy
Association Member

nice one

Old 07-29-2018, 04:06 AM   #17
Trigger

some good been-there units posted, great items!

Old 07-29-2018, 07:03 AM   #18
eam59
Association Member

One more if you don't mind - here's mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4686.JPG (230.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4687.jpg (58.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4685.jpg (77.3 KB, 49 views)

Info
Old 07-29-2018, 11:24 PM   #19
Blacksmith Life

Default Info

Nice lid Chris.

Arthur F. McMillan, born 10/18/1921, enlisted 1/26/1942, and shows on muster rolls as serving in G-2-8, 2nd MARDIV, until April 1944 at the rank of Corporal. his obit cites service until 1946, achieving rank of Sergeant. So likely some of the rolls did not get transferred - not uncommon.

PM me your email address, and I’ll send you some of his detail.

Addition: He does show as being listed in the USN Casualty Book, with a home address in San Bernadino, CA.

His obituary:

“Arthur F. McMillan of Redlands, born in Long Beach, grew up in Redlands and San Bernardino, passed away December 27, 2009 at Braswell's Colonial Care in Redlands at the age of 88. An avid boxer in high school, he continued his boxing career professionally upon graduation. Art enlisted in the Marine Corps in 1942, following the 12-7-41 attack on Pearl Harbor. He proudly served in 4 South Pacific campaigns, including Guadacanal, Tarawa, Saipan and Tinian. While in Tarawa, his photo appeared on the cover of "Yank" Magazine. SGT. McMillan's last posting was at San Diego's Marine Corps Marine Recruits, and he was discharged from the USMC in 1946. After blending back into civilian society, he worked for the SO CA Gas Company for 40 years. He is survived by his wife, Delores, CA, his children, Sharon Butz, AZ, Pam King, OR, Artie Jr., CA, brother, Robert, Riverside, sister, Elaine Boggust, Redlands, step children, Pattie and Ron Schabow, CA, 6 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. Art was the "Marine's Marine" in and out of uniform. He was loved by all his family and friends and will be deeply missed. As requested by him, no services were held. Interment was handled by Montecito Memorial Park.”

Find his Yank magazine cover, and you might see a wartime photo of your helmet. That would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradocowboy View Post
Thanks. I did find out the Vet's name....Arthur F. McMillan he was a Marine in the Pacific from April 1942 to Oct. 1944

Thats all the info I could get. I hope he did not get killed on duty. Any more info would be most appreciated. Nice helmets by the way

Last edited by Blacksmith Life; 07-29-2018 at 11:50 PM.