wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Photos and Paper Items Forum

Photos and Paper Items Forum Awards Document and any photo related to the era.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #16
FrenchVolunteer
Association Member

Hi,

they are a) not easy to find and b) not cheap at all...

See You

Vince

Old 07-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #17
Max Wünsche
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgeorge64 View Post
Very nice collection you have there! are these readily available on the market or do you have to dig deep to find them?

Just a quick question;

I have long been looking for a copy of the Stuttgart Illustrierte with Peiper on the front cover, can I ask are there any additional photographs of him inside the magazine at all (an article or such?) or is he just limited to the cover?

Regards Richard.
Many thanks!

What Vince has said is correct, the majority of these are not easy to find although there are a few that are more common like the one with Paul Hausser and Fritz Klingenberg on the cover, that one I have seen on offer several times.

The only time I have ever seen the Peiper one for sale anywhere was when I purchased it at auction.... The same goes for the Ernst Krause LAH grenadier artwork, they are almost impossible to find.

I will have to get back to you regarding more images of Peiper within as I will have to take it out of the frame to check.

Cheers,

Old 07-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #18
Max Wünsche
Association Member

I just looked through the Peiper issue and there were unfortunately no further images of him inside, although there could have been pages missing which is of course common on a loose leaf paper such as this.

The newspaper issue is from Jan 1941 so definitely while he was still Himmler's adjutant. It could even be Karl Wolff over his right shoulder in the background of that photo.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
stgeorge64
Association Member

War

Thank you for taking the time to see if there were any additional photos of Peiper inside, it is much appreciated indeed.

Taking scarcity, collector value and subject matter of these magazines into consideration, I think you have put together an amazing collection of these.

For myself at least, this subject matter would make an excellent subject for reprinting in a book similar to the translated 'Der Adler' Luftwaffe magazine.

Thanks again.

Regards Richard.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #20
mac-apple

You mean to tell me you have time to collect magazines and newspapers Christian? WoW!!!! I thought you searched day and night for posters..

My buddy Andreas may have some of the magazines you collect.

Check out http://wartimeline.com. Only 1/10th is listed on the site , so if your looking for something specific Email him..

Old 07-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #21
Gran Sasso
Association Member

2 of famous Otto Funk:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Otto Funk 1.jpg (65.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SS-Zeitungen-2.jpg (87.7 KB, 23 views)

Old 07-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #22
Max Wünsche
Association Member

Ahhh, very nice Patrick...!!!

I have been after both of those, in particular the one on the right...

I have always thought that the one on the left was a rather strange image to have
been used as a cover, given that Wünsche has his back to the camera and Rudolf von Ribbentrop
is only just in the scene.

Regardless, they are from a great sequence of well known SS-KB photos and look great!!!

Many thanks for showing.