wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Firearms Forum

Firearms Forum Focused on the guns of the Third Reich, but posts on firearms from other WW II countries are also welcomed.

Swiss scope inquiry
Old 07-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
bodes

Default Swiss scope inquiry

Forum members, I came across a gentleman who has a Swiss scope made by Wild Heerbrugg....It's a 4x30 power and similar to the one shown here...Came with leather lens covers and leather carrying case.....It is numbered, but I don't know if that's a model or serial number.....Would it be a military or commercial scope?....I would assume military as it's reticle is similar to the ones the Germans used....Any information appreciated, including potential value....Bodes

Old 07-11-2017, 12:54 AM   #2
Frank De Smedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes View Post
Forum members, I came across a gentleman who has a Swiss scope made by Wild Heerbrugg....It's a 4x30 power and similar to the one shown here...Came with leather lens covers and leather carrying case.....It is numbered, but I don't know if that's a model or serial number.....Would it be a military or commercial scope?....I would assume military as it's reticle is similar to the ones the Germans used....Any information appreciated, including potential value....Bodes

My opinion it' s the scope for the K31 Nicaragua model.

frank

Old 07-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #3
bodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank De Smedt View Post
My opinion it' s the scope for the K31 Nicaragua model.

frank
Thanks Frank, I've looked all over the internet and have basically found nothing on this scope.....The website for Wild-Heerbrugg has this same photo listed under military instruments.....I was assuming for Swiss military use, but sounds perhaps like commercial as well....Bodes

Btw...Curious as to whether or not their commercial scopes would have Switzerland or Swiss made on them?....Some of the products on their website are labled as such...mm

Old 07-11-2017, 06:33 AM   #4
Frank De Smedt

Quote:
Thanks Frank, I've looked all over the internet and have basically found nothing on this scope.....The website for Wild-Heerbrugg has this same photo listed under military instruments.....I was assuming for Swiss military use, but sounds perhaps like commercial as well....Bodes

Btw...Curious as to whether or not their commercial scopes would have Switzerland or Swiss made on them?....Some of the products on their website are labled as such...mm
Bodes,

Have a look on Swissrifles.com. Møre info on their forum

Old 07-11-2017, 06:43 AM   #5
bodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank De Smedt View Post
Bodes,

Have a look on Swissrifles.com. Møre info on their forum
Thanks a ton Frank, I googled Nicaruguan K31 and found one used by the Israelis...Same scope!...Again I appreciate the lead.....Bodes

Old 07-11-2017, 06:53 AM   #6
Frank De Smedt

Quote:
Thanks a ton Frank, I googled Nicaruguan K31 and found one used by the Israelis...Same scope!...Again I appreciate the lead.....Bodes
I recently sold my Swiss colection 😟 But still have Some knowledge😀

Frank

Old 07-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #7
Promo

The Nicaraguan contract K.31 sniper rifles used Kahles H4/60 scopes, I have one of those rifles complete with scope.

The only Wild scope I am aware of is the one used on the IDF K98k sniper rifles which are based on FN made actions.

The one shown in your ad here appears to be of Hensoldt Dialytan pattern, so probably just a licensed scope, or even produced for Wild in Switzerland for the local market? Can you post pictures of your scope?

Old 07-15-2017, 02:03 PM   #8
bodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promo View Post
The Nicaraguan contract K.31 sniper rifles used Kahles H4/60 scopes, I have one of those rifles complete with scope.

The only Wild scope I am aware of is the one used on the IDF K98k sniper rifles which are based on FN made actions.

The one shown in your ad here appears to be of Hensoldt Dialytan pattern, so probably just a licensed scope, or even produced for Wild in Switzerland for the local market? Can you post pictures of your scope?
The one in the picture is 100% identical to my scope....Bodes

Here's a picture of what I believe is a Wild Heerbrugg scope on a K31...Albeit the scope/mount are on backwards...

Old 07-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #9
Promo

This scope is a Kahles H4/60, google that scope...

Old 07-15-2017, 07:42 PM   #10
bodes

Quote:
This scope is a Kahles H4/60, google that scope...
Could be, however the photo in the opening post is the exact one listed on the Wild Heerbrugg website (in Switzerland) under "military instruments"....Some optical items listed on that site are marked wth "Switzerland" or "Swiss made" under the company logo....Those I would tend to believe were for commercial sale....Bodes

Old 07-17-2017, 03:47 AM   #11
Promo

Pretty easy, the H4/60 scopes have a focal adjustment PLATE, while what you posted has a focal adjustment RING around the tube. Plus the H4/60 has the turret sitting on top of the tube, not having a turret base which is shaped to have a larger base on the scope tube.

You can compare it with pictures of my IDF mounted H4/60 here: https://snipercollection.com/2016/03/12/2003/

I would appreciate it if the original poster could supply pictures of what he had been offered?

Old 07-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #12
bodes

Quote:
Pretty easy, the H4/60 scopes have a focal adjustment PLATE, while what you posted has a focal adjustment RING around the tube. Plus the H4/60 has the turret sitting on top of the tube, not having a turret base which is shaped to have a larger base on the scope tube.

You can compare it with pictures of my IDF mounted H4/60 here: https://snipercollection.com/2016/03/12/2003/

I would appreciate it if the original poster could supply pictures of what he had been offered?
Promo, Please reread my opening post....Scope is identical to the one in the first photo.....Is identical (actually exact same photo I posted) to the one shown on the Wild Heerbrugg website under military instruments....Also it's the only picture I've been able to find (on internet) concerning this scope....Hope this clarifies things......Bodes