wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Communications Equipment

Communications Equipment Radio, telephony and radar equipment

Communication equipment from tarnmilitaria.com?
Old 03-20-2018, 05:25 AM   #1
IK5QLO

Default Communication equipment from tarnmilitaria.com?

Hello,
on the 12th march I placed and payed my first order for a Torn e.b. from this webshop:

http://www.tarnmilitaria.com/?product=17729

After some emails requesting shipping information the owner confirmed the payement and assured me he would ship the item the next day, but this was thursday last week.

I haven't received any other communication since then, sent some email without reply, I also made a phone call this morning and none answered.

Over other forums someone pointed some problems in communication with this firm that looks like being run by a single overworked individual, anyway someone points that all the items are delivered soon or later.

Being used to very "customer oriented" real time e-commerce platforms this disappoints me just becouse I wanted to ask for shipping with a secure carrier as DHL or UPS and not may be a cheap and unsafe postal service.

Regards

Andrea

Last edited by IK5QLO; 03-20-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:28 AM   #2
IK5QLO

After some more solicitation, the owner finally sent me shipping details, looks like they used a reliable courier like DPD, hope my first Torn e.b. will arive in good shape.

I will post some images as soon as I receive it.

They have a nice webshop with interesting militaria and communication items and fair prices, let's hope they meet expectations.

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK5QLO View Post
Hello,
on the 12th march I placed and payed my first order for a Torn e.b. from this webshop:

http://www.tarnmilitaria.com/?product=17729

After some emails requesting shipping information the owner confirmed the payement and assured me he would ship the item the next day, but this was thursday last week.

I haven't received any other communication since then, sent some email without reply, I also made a phone call this morning and none answered.

Over other forums someone pointed some problems in communication with this firm that looks like being run by a single overworked individual, anyway someone points that all the items are delivered soon or later.

Being used to very "customer oriented" real time e-commerce platforms this disappoints me just becouse I wanted to ask for shipping with a secure carrier as DHL or UPS and not may be a cheap and unsafe postal service.

Regards

Andrea

Old 03-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
centuria

Online stores sometimes sell things on eBay, hence there may be a delay.
I for 1937 had to pay 550 euros +for transporting 70 euros. for transport from Italy.
I wonder how much you paid for the transport with the registration of the package.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
IK5QLO

Hi Centuria and thank you for your answer
transport rate was quite cheap, just 23€ from the Netherland to Italy, for that reason I was afraid it would be a unsafe postal service. Anyway I will give my final report when I get the radio.

They should have some sort of deal with the carrier since they probably deliver a great volume of items.

The price, for being a 1939 (your 1937 is more valuable) is quite fair even if there are ugly connectors added by someone drilling the front plate, but that is possible to fix.

On ebay often you see real pieces of junk sold as gold...

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by centuria View Post
Online stores sometimes sell things on eBay, hence there may be a delay.
I for 1937 had to pay 550 euros +for transporting 70 euros. for transport from Italy.
I wonder how much you paid for the transport with the registration of the package.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:25 AM   #5
Yuri D.

Willem at Tarnmilitaria is a good honest guy. I've had 100% positive experience with buying from him.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:04 AM   #6
IK5QLO

Nice to hear that Yuri,
thank you for feedback

Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri D. View Post
Willem at Tarnmilitaria is a good honest guy. I've had 100% positive experience with buying from him.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
IK5QLO

My first Torn E.b. purchased from tarnmilitaria arrived today without problems, a fast and reliable shipping. The item was well packaged using carboard tubes wrapped in air bubbles. Despite some initial communication problems everything went well and Mr. Willem was precise and reliable.

Now back to the bench!

Regards

Andrea

Old 03-31-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
compressore
Association Member

I bought a nice Radione from Willem and all went well. A good place to buy.