wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #31
Gordon Craig

Nice photo of one of the Heer companies of the Wachregiment on parade. I wonder if the different companies have separate flags any if they have any special streamers attached to their flags? There are three Heer companies, one Bundesluftwaffe company and one Bundesmarine company in the Wachregiment.

Regards,

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldflagswanted View Post
PzOffz27:
Trying to figure out what WAF menu does that? Might be
easier to just email me the info directly via clicking on WAF member ID.
I alway interested in learning more details about military unit flags.
... OLDFLAGSWANTED ...

Old 05-03-2009, 01:53 AM   #32
Gordon Craig

That diarama has puzzled me since I saw it. Up until then/now, I had only heard of Sicherheits Battalons in connection with the Bundesluftwaffe. Never with the Heer or the Bundesmarine. I need to do some more research on these battalions for sure.

Regards,

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldflagswanted View Post
Hello Gordon:
Very nice closer view of the Sich (Security) Btl 128 streamer. As per previous
posting; The cravat [streamer] in the colour of the army branch, edged with
narrow golden stripes, is fixed to the staff. On the cravat the emblem of the
service and the designation of the respective military unit is embroidered.
........................................... Found this online .........................................
................................................................................
Sich Btl 128 1981 Tauberbischofsheim, 1992/93 aufgelöst 12. PzDiv, Geräteeinheit.
Security battalions served as protection units for Bundeswehr division command posts,
soldiers of these battalions were not trained as infantrymen but rather belonged to
other branches of the armed forces - thus likely the navy looking guy to the right in
the museum flag display. Learning lots of cool unit flag info from this thread - Thanks!

about Wach unit flags ???
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 AM   #33
oldflagswanted
Lifetime Member

Default about Wach unit flags ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Craig View Post
Nice photo of one of the Heer companies of the Wachregiment on parade. I wonder if the different companies have separate flags any if they have any special streamers attached to their flags? There are three Heer companies, one Bundesluftwaffe company and one Bundesmarine company in the Wachregiment.
Regards, Gordon
Gordon:
Only Wach unit flag I've come across is what I guess is called a pre-1965 eagle version - with
the straight down tail and longer wing feathers on the FRG eagle, see example shown below.
.................. OLDFLAGSWANTED ...............

Last edited by oldflagswanted; 05-05-2009 at 03:36 AM.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #34
Gordon Craig

Thanks for answering my question.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #35
Furor Teutonicu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Craig View Post
That diarama has puzzled me since I saw it. Up until then/now, I had only heard of Sicherheits Battalons in connection with the Bundesluftwaffe. Never with the Heer or the Bundesmarine.

The Marinesicherung has recently been split into two parts. One is now the S.E.M (Navies version of S.K.S http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kommando_Spezialkräfte )

Quote:
The Deutsche Marine (No such thing. It is the Bundesmarine (FT)) maintains two distinct marine commando organizations:
The Spezialisierte Einsatzkräfte Marine (Naval Special Deployment Force) is a special operations formation of German Navy. The Bataillon includes next to other units the Kampfschwimmerkompanie and a boarding-company. The unit is based at Eckernförde.
And the other (Of which I have particular knowledge) is basically Navy Feldjäger (Military police).
Quote:
The Marineschutzkräfte (Naval Protection Force), which are responsible for the protection of naval vehicles and facilities. The battalion is based in Eckernförde and it organized into five units: one staff & support company, three fleet protection companies and a military intelligence platoon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_corps

Their roots go way back to the first German navy (AFTER the Brandenburgische Marine) formed by Prinz Adelbert von Preußen in 1849. And were "Seesoldaten" or "Seebattaillon" and were the same as the Royal Marines of Britain. Today the Marineschutzkräfte are responsible for safety and security of the ship and crew at sea, as well as providing the "boarding" and landing partys.

On land the same duties, without the "boarding". Basically they are the police of the navy.

The Sicherungstruppe in the Luftwaffe and army are the same, but obviously on airbases and Luftwaffe instilations, and army facilities.

The Feldjäger are much more wide ranging in powers and coverage. Think City police to State police.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...eply&p=3235697

Old 06-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #36
Dallasfan

Hello

I found this on the net.

''Bruchsaler Ersatzbataillone außer Dienst gestellt

Es war eine traurige Pflicht, die Oberst Gustav Brand, stellvertretender Kommandeur des Bruchsaler Heerestruppenkommandos, zu erfüllen hatte, als er am 30. Mai die Ersatzbataillone 862, 870 und 874 außer Dienst stellte.

"Soldaten der Ersatzbataillone 862, 870, 874, Ihre Verbände haben einen wichtigen Beitrag in dem sich ständig weiterentwickelnden Umfeld der Bundeswehr geleistet. Dieser Abschnitt neigt sich nun dem Ende zu. Bewahren Sie die schönsten Eindrücke in Ihrem Herzen!", so der Beauftragte für Reservistenangelegenheiten der Bruchsaler Brigade in seiner Ansprache.

Als Symbol für die Außerdienststellung rollten die Kommandeure der Bataillone, Oberstlt Roland Schmieder (862), Oberstlt Rainer Ott (870) und Oberstlt Dr. Christian Fischer (874) ihre Truppenfahnen ein.

Die nichtaktive Bataillone waren militärische Heimat für etwa 1.900 Reservisten und stellten die Personalreserve für aktive Truppenteile, u.a. für die Deutsch-Französische Brigade oder bei der Bewachung von US-Liegenschaften während des Irak-Krieges.

Auch nach der Außerdienststellung bleiben einige Reservisten der Bundeswehr dennoch in neuen Strukturen erhalten. So endete Brands Rede mit den Worten: "Richten Sie aber auch den Blick nach vorne, in dem Wissen, dass die Bundeswehr auch weiterhin Reservisten braucht."

Fotos: Denis Walther

from the same event

Regards , Johan

Fahnen and Schellenbaum, nice !!!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #37
oldflagswanted
Lifetime Member

Default Fahnen and Schellenbaum, nice !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasfan View Post
Hello
I found this on the net. ''Bruchsaler Ersatzbataillone außer Dienst gestellt"
...Johan
Johnan:
Thanks for posting the nice fahnen and schellenbaum photos. Here is
the Bablefish English version of the previously posted German text:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...Bruchsaler of replacement battalions except service posed It was a sad obligation, which to Colonels Gustav fire, deputy commander of the Bruchsaler army troop command had to fulfill, as it to 30. May the replacement battalions 862, 870 and 874 except service placed. " Soldiers of the replacement battalions 862, 870, 874, your federations made an important contribution in the constantly developing further surrounding field of the German Federal Armed Forces. This section leans now the end too. Retain the most beautiful pressing into your heart! " , so the assigned one for reservist affairs of the Bruchsaler brigade in its speech. As symbol for the de-activating the commanders of the battalions, Oberstlt Roland Schmieder (862) rolled, Oberstlt up Rainer Ott (870) and Oberstlt Dr. Christian Fischer (874) their troop flags. The inactive battalions were military homeland for approximately 1,900 reservists and placed the personnel reserve for active troop units, among other things for the French-German brigade or with the guard of US real estate properties during the Iraq war. Also after the de-activating some reservists of the German Federal Armed Forces remain nevertheless in new structures. Thus fire speech ended with the words: " Direct in addition, the view forward, in the knowledge that the German Federal Armed Forces braucht." also further reservists;..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder where the retired unit flags are now? Maybe Dresden ???
.............. OLDFLAGSWANTED ...............

Old 07-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #38
Capt. R
Association Member

nice pic and nice find, Johan. great thread to read.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #39
Dallasfan

Hello

Here are two more photos with the BW Truppenfahne

Regards , Johan