wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > John Burnett Helmet Forum

John Burnett Helmet Forum One of the most distinguishing characteristics of the German fighting force was their Stahlhelm.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #31
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
You are not Mother Theresa, and so there is absolute no reason why you should even think about to take that Helmet back. Sometimes People really live somewhere in Dreamland. If there is any Issue then you can maybe talk about it the first 30 Days maximum. Everything after that, well....bad luck. Show me any other Buisness where this should work? But it runs always the same....because you are a Forum Member, they come then with oh ok, then i make a Thread and tell the World how bad you are......since i promise my Mom a long long time ago to be a nice Guy, i will not write here what i would tell that Clown where he can go with his Helmet.

I suppose if you really need the money you'll look at any angle,that said i think he was more pi55ed off for the fact he'd paid big money,wants to sell it and then this guy from CSMilitaria had said the decal was wrong but the rest of the helmet was beautiful as he put it,clearly this guy doesn't handle many good LW helmets IMHO but then it is the UK after all....
As i said once he'd looked at the link to this thread i sent him he was more than happy he'd got a good Quist M40 helmet..
Cheers
Bob

Old 07-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #32
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

So or so, thats a Joke and not even worth to make a Thread out of it. This only happens in this Hobby and sure not anywhere else. Here they really think they can buy something and then have some kind of Lifetime Warranty on everything. And if you then as Dealer not quickly do as they want then they come in a Forum and cry a River, and make you look as bad as possible. Typical Internet Crap. Bought is Bought and thats it. I had many Items i bought in my Life where after it turns out not to be what it should, but i never went after month back to anyone and blame him, the only one i ever would blame is myself. We just live more and more in a World full of Crybabys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
I suppose if you really need the money you'll look at any angle,that said i think he was more pi55ed off for the fact he'd paid big money,wants to sell it and then this guy from CSMilitaria had said the decal was wrong but the rest of the helmet was beautiful as he put it,clearly this guy doesn't handle many good LW helmets IMHO but then it is the UK after all....
As i said once he'd looked at the link to this thread i sent him he was more than happy he'd got a good Quist M40 helmet..
Cheers
Bob

Old 07-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #33
BenVK
Association Member

Personally I would tell him to F off!

Honestly, the cheek of some buyers is astonishing!!
Every week on this forum, the same old story of buyers regret and/or some numpty down the pub told them it was a fake and now they want their money back, months or even years later.

I wouldn't worry about your reputation as a dealer because you're under no obligation to take it back and any one with just one bit of common sense can see that.

Old 07-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #34
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK View Post
Personally I would tell him to F off!

Honestly, the cheek of some buyers is astonishing!!
Every week on this forum, the same old story of buyers regret and/or some numpty down the pub told them it was a fake and now they want their money back, months or even years later.

I wouldn't worry about your reputation as a dealer because you're under no obligation to take it back and any one with just one bit of common sense can see that.
I can't do that Ben,i'd have no customers left!,seriously though in the short time the website been up and running i had another customer contact me asking if i would mind if he sold his party flag he'd recently purchased as something had come up and needed some money,I said its your flag to do with what you like,you don't need my permission to sell it......BTW Ben i put a few people your way on Facebook did any of them ever contact you?

Cheers
Bob

Old 07-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #35
Bill Hermann
Association Member

Glad it worked out for you Bob, the buyer was out of place and being extremely unfair. Regards from the Antipodes, Bill

Old 07-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #36
Tora_Tora_Tora!

For what I see from the pictures the helmet is really fantastic and I would like to know, from the collectors who put forward the hypotheses, what are the reasons why it would be fake. You were so kind to offer him the possibility to sell it again thorugh your site so...I don't see any reason to refund anyone.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #37
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hermann View Post
Glad it worked out for you Bob, the buyer was out of place and being extremely unfair. Regards from the Antipodes, Bill
Hello Bill,
Well i'm glad too Mate,its just a shame that WAF is experiencing these sad times but atleast trusted men are still here that know what they are talking about and were here to help when i needed it...

Best regards to you Bill from the Mother Country,sorry i've been quite of late but nothing really to report,its been all sell,sell, sell and no fun

Bob

Old 07-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #38
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora_Tora_Tora! View Post
For what I see from the pictures the helmet is really fantastic and I would like to know, from the collectors who put forward the hypotheses, what are the reasons why it would be fake. You were so kind to offer him the possibility to sell it again thorugh your site so...I don't see any reason to refund anyone.
Thankyou for your support,I really appreciate your comments

Best Wishes
Bob

Old 07-04-2019, 08:57 PM   #39
helmuthunter
Association Member

Itís a 100% good helmet. No issues. I canít believe the selling price though. Yikes. Nice helmet yes. Big bucks yes...

Old 07-05-2019, 12:18 AM   #40
TheCleaner
Association Member

7 years ago.. A bit too late to complain about a decal now. If he's put himself in financial problems it is not your fault. That is entirely on himself. If you bought it back you would do him a favor but as I guess you don't really know the guy I don't see why you should unless you want the helmet yourself. Just tell him that you're sorry about his situation but you can't help him.

Old 07-05-2019, 01:51 AM   #41
BenVK
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
I can't do that Ben,i'd have no customers left!,seriously though in the short time the website been up and running i had another customer contact me asking if i would mind if he sold his party flag he'd recently purchased as something had come up and needed some money,I said its your flag to do with what you like,you don't need my permission to sell it......BTW Ben i put a few people your way on Facebook did any of them ever contact you?
Morning Bob, thanks for the facebook tip although I try to avoid that place now, it's become a total train wreck!

Mate, I don't think you should worry about losing customers over this whatever you choose to do. Quite the opposite because the very fact that you've asked our opinion of the situation clearly shows that you're a considerate bloke who wants to do the right thing.

I've written before about the worrying direction this hobby is heading in with buyers behaving like little cry babies and it's getting out of control IMO. Case in point, the SS helmet that JB sold "as is" and then the buyer tried to claim he was a crook and start a witch hunt which was completely out of order.

Old 07-05-2019, 01:59 AM   #42
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmuthunter View Post
Itís a 100% good helmet. No issues. I canít believe the selling price though. Yikes. Nice helmet yes. Big bucks yes...
Hi Johnno,
I can tell you i paid over 900bucks for it 7yrs ago,but it was so nice i just had to have it,plus a few days earlier i'd just bought another that was really nice for about 650USD so wasn't really in the market for another straight off but it just appeared on the Estand and it was love at first sight and had to have it,so I pulled the trigger...impulse buy

As you know there's Lufty M40's and then there's one look Lufty M40's

All the best to you,

Bob

Old 07-05-2019, 02:04 AM   #43
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCleaner View Post
7 years ago.. A bit too late to complain about a decal now. If he's put himself in financial problems it is not your fault. That is entirely on himself. If you bought it back you would do him a favor but as I guess you don't really know the guy I don't see why you should unless you want the helmet yourself. Just tell him that you're sorry about his situation but you can't help him.
I bought it 7yrs ago,the Customer bought it in March of this year...

I appreciate your comments and time to reply

thank you ,
Bob

Old 07-05-2019, 02:34 AM   #44
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK View Post
Morning Bob, thanks for the facebook tip although I try to avoid that place now, it's become a total train wreck!

Mate, I don't think you should worry about losing customers over this whatever you choose to do. Quite the opposite because the very fact that you've asked our opinion of the situation clearly shows that you're a considerate bloke who wants to do the right thing.

I've written before about the worrying direction this hobby is heading in with buyers behaving like little cry babies and it's getting out of control IMO. Case in point, the SS helmet that JB sold "as is" and then the buyer tried to claim he was a crook and start a witch hunt which was completely out of order.
Morning Ben,
Yes a few nice caps appeared on there that needed your services,basic stuff for you really detached visors ,sweat bands etc,so i mentioned you as the guy to go too,if they don't get in contact that's their loss....

I have to say facebook is like the wild west,there's some very good people on there that should be on WAF and then there's the crowd who wouldn't last five minutes on this site,sadly there's quite a few of them

Getting back on topic,Well my aim is to look after a customer where ever possible and to treat them how i would like to be treated myself,I offered to relist the helmet for him so its back out there for potential buyers but which he chose not too and i understand that as he wanted a quick sale..I can't do anymore really,everybody has their circumstances and when the chips are down you have to do what you have to do..I'm not really cross with him,more for the fact he was given duff information by a so called dealer,anyway as i said once he'd looked at the link to this page he was a happy bunny again

Cheers
Bob

Old 07-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #45
d-day

I used to have a 30 days return policy, after that its tough ****e really.. at least you offered to help him out first..