wehrmacht awards

Old 04-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #16
BlackWatch1

Looks like the armband might be the Reichskriegsflagge or a variation of it. Are these men the Bund Reichskriegsflagge?

Old 04-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #17
bolewts58
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWatch1 View Post
Looks like the armband might be the Reichskriegsflagge or a variation of it. Are these men the Bund Reichskriegsflagge?
maybe. But, normally the Reichskriegsflagge wore an armband of national colors.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #18
BlackWatch1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolewts58 View Post
maybe. But, normally the Reichskriegsflagge wore an armband of national colors.
Your knowledge on the Weimar Period is much greater than mine I'm sure. I did an internet search of a Reichskriegsflagge Armband and came up with nothing. Another mystery my friends

P.S: Soon the internet will be flooded with newly discovered Reichskriegsflagge Armbands found in 'Attics' and 'Barns' all across Germany

Old 04-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #19
bolewts58
Association Member

Quote:
Your knowledge on the Weimar Period is much greater than mine I'm sure. I did an internet search of a Reichskriegsflagge Armband and came up with nothing. Another mystery my friends

P.S: Soon the internet will be flooded with newly discovered Reichskriegsflagge Armbands found in 'Attics' and 'Barns' all across Germany
I doubt it. There isn't enough interest in this paramilitary stuff yet (except for Wehrwolf) to warrant copies. Now if it was Freikorps, then I'd say absolutely.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #20
wilhelm Saris

Location: in the south of the Netherlands (between Venlo and Eindhoven), near the German and Belgium border

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolewts58 View Post
There isn't enough interest in this paramilitary stuff yet (except for Wehrwolf) to warrant copies. Now if it was Freikorps, then I'd say absolutely.
I think Der Stahlhelm is a subject which is collected by a bigger group of collectors.
Anyway I know quite some collectors, but that group is too small to even make a reference. I proposed this subject to some publishers and they all said the same: the numbers for an edition are too small. I tried it in the eighties and also last year. Their opinion had not changed. So, for me the subject rests "in piece".
The best and most interesting years for the Stahlhelm-organization are 1932 through 1935, but some subjects were used throughout the years (arm shields, cuffbands, buckles etc.)

Old 04-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #21
BlackWatch1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
I think Der Stahlhelm is a subject which is collected by a bigger group of collectors.
Anyway I know quite some collectors, but that group is too small to even make a reference. I proposed this subject to some publishers and they all said the same: the numbers for an edition are too small. I tried it in the eighties and also last year. Their opinion had not changed. So, for me the subject rests "in piece".
The best and most interesting years for the Stahlhelm-organization are 1932 through 1935, but some subjects were used throughout the years (arm shields, cuffbands, buckles etc.)
Perhaps if you sold the idea of 'Nazis' and 'Swastikas' and the Stahlhelm(later years) publishers would be interested in a greater volume covering the entire life of this org. 'Nazis', like supernatural Witches, Vampires and Werewolves, sell big time.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:26 AM   #22
wilhelm Saris

Location: in the south of the Netherlands (between Venlo and Eindhoven), near the German and Belgium border

Quote:
Perhaps if you sold the idea of 'Nazis' and 'Swastikas' and the Stahlhelm(later years) publishers would be interested in a greater volume covering the entire life of this org. 'Nazis', like supernatural Witches, Vampires and Werewolves, sell big time.

I do not write about such nonsense as vampires and such!