wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 04:46 PM   #16
AntiqueWW2
Suspended

Nope, the Thread is ripped exactly where it is torn above the little hole.....maybe the Guy was hitting something, sorry can't tell what he did. It is night now, so i cant make any kind of Daylight Pictures that you can see what i mean. But Eagle was not torn and then put on there....and it was something sharp, because there is a little hole in the Wool behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff V View Post
I don't see a rip of one thread. From this image it appears that the eagle was torn first and then zig zag sewn onto the tunic.

Old 01-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #17
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

It doesn't matter what you say. This road has been travelled before. The items are what they are.

People have the right to discuss an item, evaluate the photos and description, and decide for themselves without being intimidated with endless posts. They don't have to convince you to agree to what is wrong.

And we moderators have certain duties and follow/ enforce certain rules (which are listed) in order to make our own assessment of a situation for the good of WAF and it's members.

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Old 01-07-2020, 04:50 PM   #18
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Quote:
I don't see a rip of one thread. From this image it appears that the eagle was torn first and then zig zag sewn onto the tunic.
I agree.

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Old 01-07-2020, 04:53 PM   #19
AntiqueWW2
Suspended

Well, for me it matters, since its my Tunic. And since there are 2 well respected Members who agree with me....i am not alone with my Opinion. Anyone can have his Opinion, i have mine. So, then where is the Problem that when someone say it is not what i say, that he then also say exactly where i am wrong?! And till now, i don't see anything what proofs me wrong.

But no worries, Tunic will not be sold or traded anymore, i am very happy to keep it for myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Z. View Post
It doesn't matter what you say. This road has been travelled before. The items are what they are.

People have the right to discuss an item, evaluate the photos and description, and decide for themselves without being intimidated with endless posts. They don't have to convince you to agree to what is wrong.

And we moderators have certain duties and follow/ enforce certain rules (which are listed) in order to make our own assessment of a situation for the good of WAF and it's members.

Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 01-07-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #20
Martin Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
EK 2 Ribbon was on one side loose and was reattached by me. And for the rest of the Tunic, well....as i already wrote....perfect fine and untouched.
So, you advertise an item as 100% untouched when you yourself have actually been restitching parts of it????
And do not bother o mention that when selling it??
You, who always claims the moral highground?

Old 01-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #21
AntiqueWW2
Suspended

Now you beat me to the Ground with 1 cm of Thread for a EK2 Ribbon what i sew on one end, 0,5 cm back on. Man, no worries, Tunic stays where it is. I just have learned a Lesson..... btw, i don't claim, it IS untouched. When 4 People like it, and 2 don't that not make anything bad. Free World, everyone his own Opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Simon View Post
So, you advertise an item as 100% untouched when you yourself have actually been restitching parts of it????
And do not bother o mention that when selling it??
You, who always claims the moral highground?

Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 01-07-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:00 PM   #22
Martin Simon

You should have mentioned it so people can make up their mind whether they have a problem with it or not. I wouldn't, but 100 % untouched is exactly that and nothing else. There is no grey area there as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:03 PM   #23
AntiqueWW2
Suspended

very good for you....will remember it next time.... Be sure i didn't do that on purpose.....so i am sorry if you think that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Simon View Post
You should have mentioned it so people can make up their mind whether they have a problem with it or not. I wouldn't, but 100 % untouched is exactly that and nothing else. There is no grey area there as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #24
GAMS1
Association Member

Quote:
Or the wool was simply eaten later by moths ? Moths like boiled wool sometimes more than normal wool ...
Nick

Old 01-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #25
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

But, unsurprisingly, the damage to the eagle (regardless of how it occured) was not disclosed, no close-up photo, etc.

It is now known, without any doubts, that at some recent point this tunic did not have either the EKII ribbon or the award loops.

Closing thread for now so we don't have to tolerate more BS. More to come.

Edit: I have reopened the thread.

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Estand tunic - untouched????
Old 01-08-2020, 06:29 AM   #26
Martin Simon

Default Estand tunic - untouched????

I do not normally try to get involved in controversial discussions, however in this case, I feel I have to bring something to the attention of the wider collection community.

The below thread was closed earlier today and although I understand the desire to avoid this type of discussion on this forum, new information has since been sent to me that I feel obliged to share.

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for....php?t=1029350

The allegedly '100% untouched tunic' that was offered on the Estand by AntiqueWW2 has mysteriously grown an EK2 ribbon and award loops over the last few weeks!

I got a message from AntiqueWW2 saying he purchased this one recently from Scapini (Although I believe he advertised it on the Estand as being 'directly from the family') and then from another member I got a message saying Scapini had offered him this exact same tunic only weeks ago but without EK2 ribbon and award loops.
Given that Antique himself has confirmed he bought this one from Scapini, I cannot explain the sudden addition of a Ribbon and loops, and the subsequent attempt to sell this one as '100% untouched' on the Estand, as anything other than fraudulent behaviour.
Not my call to determine punishment for this sort of thing, but I do not believe this should be tolerated on the WAF!
Before and after photo's attached.

First Before (as offered by Scapini to another WAF member early December 2019) and then after (offered as '100% untouched' by Antique WW2 this week on the Estand):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20191204-WA0006 (1).jpg (94.2 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg stamps.jpg (97.9 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg arm.jpg (82.0 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg 20200107_124722[1].jpg (117.3 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg 20200107_124729[1].jpg (112.1 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg xx.jpg (213.8 KB, 300 views)

Old 01-08-2020, 07:05 AM   #27
RobertE
Association Member

Sad state of affairs. The jacket has obviously had the EK ribbon and award loop added - there is no sidestepping that fact.

Not the end of the world, but just another reason the hobby is slowly dying.

s/f Robert

Old 01-08-2020, 07:22 AM   #28
no1canuck
Association Member

What is sad is that someone would obviously know that the item was altered (probably altering the item themselves) and call it untouched. Then when the item is put up for discussion argue and deny any problem. Talk about shoot yourself in the foot.

Steve

Old 01-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #29
AntiqueWW2
Suspended

No Idea what you People make such a Drama here for nothing. First of all, i only fixed the Ribbon in Place. I talked to the former Owner who got it from Scapini without any Ribbon nor a Award Loops, what i didn't know. Now i know, so resolved, now it has no more Ribbon and no more Award Loops. I personal not care a bit if the dam Ribbon is put on or not, or a Loop is added or not, that Tunc is still what it always was, a very nice original M44, what was untouched until a useless Ribbon and a stupid Loop was added. It not make the Tunic less worth it. And beside all that, i offered the Tunic for 1K less then what a M44 cost anywhere else, restored rebuild or whatever. I have seen way worth Things sold on Estand where noone makes such a Drama or say a dam word, but of course....once i put something on there, all Hell breaks loose. IF i would have know they are added...i would have removed them, noone would have ever known and it would be all fine.

And if anyone say the Tunic is not original, then all i ask for, come forward with a Proof it is fake, not asking for anything else.

Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 01-08-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:48 AM   #30
Daniel.S
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
No Idea what you People make such a Drama here for nothing. First of all, i only fixed the Ribbon in Place. I talked to the former Owner who got it from Scapini without any Ribbon nor a Award Loops, what i didn't know. Now i know, so resolved, now it has no more Ribbon and no more Award Loops. I personal not care a bit if the dam Ribbon is put on or not, or a Loop is added or not, that Tunc is still what it always was, a very nice original M44, what was untouched until a useless Ribbon and a stupid Loop was added. It not make the Tunic less worth it. And beside all that, i offered the Tunic for 1K less then what a M44 cost anywhere else, restored rebuild or whatever. I have seen way worth Things sold on Estand where noone makes such a Drama or say a dam word, but of course....once i put something on there, all Hell breaks loose. IF i would have know they are added...i would have removed them, noone would have ever known and it would be all fine.

And if anyone say the Tunic is not original, then all i ask for, come forward with a Proof it is fake, not asking for anything else.
Is it a 100% textbook SS m44 tunic?

Have you seen another one in this config?

Closed Thread