wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #61
chen
Association Member

Magazines as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020169.JPG (126.7 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg P1020171.JPG (166.3 KB, 491 views)

Old 11-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #62
chen
Association Member

The Classic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020164.JPG (142.2 KB, 492 views)

Old 11-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #63
Don Bible
Lifetime Member

To say I am overwhelmed by the support shown to me over the past three days in the "discussion" about the Gestapo disc # 264, would be a gross understatement. Frankly some of those posts brought tears to the eyes of an old man!

Some of the names of persons posting on this thread are known all over the world and are friends I had not heard from in a long time. Several of them were "in the trenches" with me back in 1994, when a well-known author was making trans-Atlantic telephone calls or faxing me on a daily basis, threatening lawsuits...not only against me...but agaisnt those supporting me.

His basis was "slander" because he had taken me and several others for "$2500 a clip" for the fake Prussian State Police discs" he was hawking, that had been found in "a Polish archive"...or the barn of a Polish farmer." You could choose your own version of the story to go with your expensive fake disc that had not been seen by collectors for 60 years.

I had given him every chance to return my money and to others before exposing the scam in which he was involved "up to his egositical neck."

I offered to only expose the fraud without mentioning his name if he would do the right thing, and gave him several months to do so....but his pride or poor judgement would not allow him to repent.

Many of yu know he eventually "lost all face" on this very forum many years after when he tried another scam that really blew up in his face.

Much of this I had more or less forgotten until a couple of days ago. I had also almost forgotten some of the books and magazines articles that Mr. Chen, an old friend from Asia, posted here.

I will close this post by saying a very large "Thanks" to all of you. These replies have repaid me for my efforts far more than selling a few hundred books over the years.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #64
chen
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bible View Post
To say I am overwhelmed by the support shown to me over the past three days in the "discussion" about the Gestapo disc # 264, would be a gross understatement. Frankly some of those posts brought tears to the eyes of an old man!

Some of the names of persons posting on this thread are known all over the world and are friends I had not heard from in a long time. Several of them were "in the trenches" with me back in 1994, when a well-known author was making trans-Atlantic telephone calls or faxing me on a daily basis, threatening lawsuits...not only against me...but agaisnt those supporting me.

His basis was "slander" because he had taken me and several others for "$2500 a clip" for the fake Prussian State Police discs" he was hawking, that had been found in "a Polish archive"...or the barn of a Polish farmer." You could choose your own version of the story to go with your expensive fake disc that had not been seen by collectors for 60 years.

I had given him every chance to return my money and to others before exposing the scam in which he was involved "up to his egositical neck."

I offered to only expose the fraud without mentioning his name if he would do the right thing, and gave him several months to do so....but his pride or poor judgement would not allow him to repent.

Many of yu know he eventually "lost all face" on this very forum many years after when he tried another scam that really blew up in his face.

Much of this I had more or less forgotten until a couple of days ago. I had also almost forgotten some of the books and magazines articles that Mr. Chen, an old friend from Asia, posted here.

I will close this post by saying a very large "Thanks" to all of you. These replies have repaid me for my efforts far more than selling a few hundred books over the years.
Ring any bells?

Friend from Asia.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beijing_forbidden_city_palace_b.jpg (116.6 KB, 489 views)
File Type: jpg P1020172.JPG (176.8 KB, 488 views)

Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #65
Don Bible
Lifetime Member

Yes, I well remember this incident, when you and I were both taken aback by the brazen request expressed in this note to you.

I had many faxes from him on the same letterhead.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #66
chen
Association Member

Mr. Bible,
After all, do not call yourself old as you still have good memory.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #67
Pieter Verbruggen
Lifetime Member

...quote ."Some of the names of persons posting on this thread are known all over the world and are friends I had not heard from in a long time. Several of them were "in the trenches" with me back in 1994, when a well-known author was making trans-Atlantic telephone calls or faxing me on a daily basis, threatening lawsuits...not only against me.."

...I remember the trenches as yesterday!...but we were in the "right " trench
All the best Don.
Pieter.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #68
Don Bible
Lifetime Member

Thanks Pieter. I remember that one of your countrymen lost $5000 to those crooks. He bought TWO of the fake Prussian State Kripo discs...one in bronze and one in "neusilber."

I am sure he could well afford the loss...but that is entirely beside the point!!

After the scam was exposed I bought two of the exact same kind for $200 each for my "Fake collection."

I will try to post them.

Two originals and four 1994 fakes
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #69
Don Bible
Lifetime Member

Default Two originals and four 1994 fakes

These are examples of four of the 1994 fakes.

The original Prussian State Kripo disc and the original Gestapo disc are on the left. All others are 1994 fakes that sold for $2500 each in 1994.

Several were sold before the counterfeiting scam was exposed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image (100).jpg (87.9 KB, 473 views)

Opposite side scans of same discs
Old 11-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #70
Don Bible
Lifetime Member

Default Opposite side scans of same discs

Opposite side scans of same discs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg opposite side scans of same discs.jpg (101.3 KB, 464 views)

Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #71
FrenchVolunteer
Association Member

Hi,

amazing work Don
This is great to see collectors ready to buy fakes to increase our knowledge on fakes.

See You

Vince

Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #72
Robert H
Suspended

Don, I was so impressed in 2007 about your booklet you have send.
Now it resides in Germany with much honor in my shelf.

alll the best,
Robert

Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #73
Bob Hritz
Lifetime Member

I have found Don to be the most helpful when sharing information about these rare discs. I certainly would not consider any without Don's examination and evaluation.

Bob Hritz

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #74
Ric Ferrari

WOW......they're actually super repro

I'm really tempted to ask you...........but pics tell enough !

Thanks

Ric

Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 11-18-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #75
A c h t u n g !
Expelled

Yes they look pretty good for a naked eye in fact even more convincing than 264 from oakleafmilitaria.