wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Crosses of the Wehrmacht

Crosses of the Wehrmacht Iron Cross, German Cross, War Merit Cross and Spain Cross.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #31
sanya13
Association Member

I agree with the decision and IMO this is a very good idea.

Congrat !!!!!!

I think will surely there will be members who will not use it and for that reason will not use the page,because very strange has become World,( because nobody not want paying the info & the knowledge ) , but I think that they do not need to be sorry.

So I glad this the Idea.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #32
jack1

Hello team.
Still can be done however mod will delete post only when the thread has been answered.
I can live with that.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #33
jack1

Just like to thank the moderator and the team for all your help so far and to keeping to what he said.Answered then delete.
Best forum for research.The knowledge is outstanding on here.

THANK YOU.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #34
jack1

With all due respect and talking about a certain person,there are a few videos on u tube about him.
Fakery becomes real.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #35
Chet Sowersby
Lifetime Member

Well that was quick, was it not dougtnut? . Another keyboard commando bites the dust.

Chet

Old 10-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #36
Douglas 5
Association Member

Dear moderator.... as nice as this is - deleting the answered posts - there seams to be an unpredicted problem .
People who have answered/given a reply to that deleted thread also lose their posting count and it starts going down(backwards) ... I lost 5 or 6 so posts already .

Douglas

Old 10-16-2017, 03:00 AM   #37
jack1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas 5 View Post
Dear moderator.... as nice as this is - deleting the answered posts - there seams to be an unpredicted problem .
People who have answered/given a reply to that deleted thread also lose their posting count and it starts going down(backwards) ... I lost 5 or 6 so posts already .

Douglas
Not forgetting the hard work i put in.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:10 AM   #38
kid74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanya13 View Post
I agree with the decision and IMO this is a very good idea.

Congrat !!!!!!

I think will surely there will be members who will not use it and for that reason will not use the page,because very strange has become World,( because nobody not want paying the info & the knowledge ) , but I think that they do not need to be sorry.

So I glad this the Idea.
+1 Better late than never!

WR Kirill

Old 10-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #39
soldon

Long Overdue

Old 02-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #40
Sevrin
Association Member

Is this still "policy"? It doesn't appear to be with members still posting hundreds of hosted photos. Just curious...

Old 02-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #41
Dietrich Maerz
Administrator

Here is the deal:

- since years and years the moderators have asked the owner of the site to allow direct photo posting. This would not dimisnish his income since the main reason to become a paying member is the E-Stand.
- as always, he is not doing anything
- why should the moderators spend daily work in cleaning threads, re-posting valuabe photos or erasing stupid dead links when for him it is just to say "OK", he does not even actually need to do it because even that service he gets for free!

Old 02-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #42
Sevrin
Association Member

It's frustrating I know, that he doesn't care about what goes on here outside the paid subscriptions.

But if the photo situation isn't ever going to change, then I'm not going to worry about saving other's hosted photos anymore; and honestly it's too much to keep up with. Paid members saving and attaching photos for other paid members is ridiculous anyhow.

No more rants from me.

James

Old 02-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #43
Hank C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
Here is the deal:

- since years and years the moderators have asked the owner of the site to allow direct photo posting. This would not dimisnish his income since the main reason to become a paying member is the E-Stand.
- as always, he is not doing anything
- why should the moderators spend daily work in cleaning threads, re-posting valuabe photos or erasing stupid dead links when for him it is just to say "OK", he does not even actually need to do it because even that service he gets for free!
Noticed you officially have exactly 13,000 posts right now Dietrich! Keep up the fight. Maybe someday it will bear fruit.

all the best!
H

Old 02-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #44
Uncle Kurt

Super!

Old 02-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #45
muddyboots
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
After very long deliberation and with approval of most (active) moderators and with the comment of the owner of the forum that he never liked the idea of outside hosting anyway, the following policy change will be introduced here in Crosses (and at the distinction of moderators of other subfora in their areas):

Posts or new threads which contain photos that are hosted by an outside source will be erased! In special cases, at the discretion of moderators or association members, photos from outside hosting might be and can be copied and pasted back into such threads by moderators or any association member. The goal is not censorship but preservation of thread integrity.
This policy is instituted in order to preserve the threads for later reading and thus also preserving the integrity of the overall forum, being one of the best sources on the planet for this hobby. It has unfortunately happened over the last years that a very large amount of threads became useless due to the missing photos. This policy will stop that degeneration of the forum.

We sincerely hope this will find the approval of all members, no matter the membership status.
It’s about time. It’s terrible when researching and there’s nothing there to back it up!!!!👍🥃