wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum

Flag, Pennant and Standarte Forum Wehrmacht, Political and Organizational Standards, flags, and car pennants.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 05-23-2020, 09:07 AM   #16
Mudd
New Member
 
Mudd is offline
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Eu
Posts: 20
Default

I'm confused????

When was the original posted eagle deemed a fake? And by who??

That 1st original posted eagle is authentic.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2020, 09:11 AM   #17
J. Wraith
Member
 
J. Wraith is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mid West
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrec27777 View Post
i agree ...the eagle in question looks more"crood" than the one you show ...especially around unfinished studs ...and eagles head lacks detail ..looks like it was made last week in idia,pakistan????..... EC
Lets clear a few things up. "Providance" or Providence is a city in Rhode Island, provenance is the word you want. "Crood" is Crude like a barrel of oil. And your wrong about this bird and it is a readily recognizable variant and proper. So I am thinking whoever buys that reference book in the future should rip that page out on receipt. The bird shown is an original and yet again you guys are here beating on yet another one that you should have just left alone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2020, 11:17 AM   #18
Berghof
Forum Sponsor
 
Berghof's Avatar
 
Berghof is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: US of A
Posts: 649
Default

We've been down this road before Matt & EC....same book look at page 132. The OP's eagle is good.


.
__________________
http://www.ww2treasures.com/

  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #19
mrec27777
Member
 
mrec27777 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: usa
Posts: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Wraith View Post
Lets clear a few things up. "Providance" or Providence is a city in Rhode Island, provenance is the word you want. "Crood" is Crude like a barrel of oil. And your wrong about this bird and it is a readily recognizable variant and proper. So I am thinking whoever buys that reference book in the future should rip that page out on receipt. The bird shown is an original and yet again you guys are here beating on yet another one that you should have just left alone.
so ones spellins ain"t correcto....sorrie... EC
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2020, 07:09 AM   #20
STLMatt
Association Member
 
STLMatt's Avatar
 
STLMatt is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: STL
Posts: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berghof View Post
We've been down this road before Matt & EC....same book look at page 132. The OP's eagle is good.


.
You believe what you want
And Iíll believe what I want.
Itís a forum
Of opinions
And my opinion is that the original bird posted is not original
And the bashing of other members over grammar, shows just how biased and pathetic that this site is getting
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2020, 09:11 AM   #21
J. Wraith
Member
 
J. Wraith is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mid West
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMatt View Post
You believe what you want
And I’ll believe what I want.
It’s a forum
Of opinions
And my opinion is that the original bird posted is not original
And the bashing of other members over grammar, shows just how biased and pathetic that this site is getting
What is Pathetic is the repeated bashing of good eagles by a couple guys who do not know them well enough or feel they do because they purchased a book and have not taken the time to learn them in hand. Its a recognized variant, it is well within the standards for the piece and provenance for these examples has been established multiple times through vet purchases. Your book does not trump the fact that this is a real bird, paying 60.00 is not a license to crap on a real bird. So learn the product before you open your mouth, or dont cry when your corrected,. The forum is for opinions, but there are several who’s opinions are without basis and without fact. So, take your 60.00 book, and file it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #22
rlimike
Association Member
 
rlimike's Avatar
 
rlimike is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Yasgur's Farm
Posts: 1,643
Default

I have a question If these were 1 pour pieces why does the stud that was broken off have smooth sides in the round hole left behind, I would think that it would have jagged edges?
Regards,
Michael H.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rr eagle.JPG (174.1 KB, 93 views)
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2020, 06:48 AM   #23
STLMatt
Association Member
 
STLMatt's Avatar
 
STLMatt is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: STL
Posts: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlimike View Post
I have a question If these were 1 pour pieces why does the stud that was broken off have smooth sides in the round hole left behind, I would think that it would have jagged edges?
Regards,
Michael H.
Michael
You wonít get an explanation to your question
All youíll get is circular logic, and a bunch of pics of other birds, and theyíll completely dilute this thread, all while skipping the main question.
But yes, these were one pour molds, and the bird in question is garbage.
And as far as that mouthpiece J Wraith is concerned, awfully bold of you to assume all I have is a book.
Why donít you ask J.R. about his Pinter he bought from me 2 years ago at the SOS.
COMPLETE!!
With studs, and captive nuts, and even with the rubberized backing
So there goes your theory that Iíve never even held one in my hands.
J Wraith
Your a joke, and your stupid theory and posts prove it
And again, to new collectors reading this post,
This bird in slide one is not original
Itís recast garbage
And only dolts like J Wraith believe itís real
They are both
A joke
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2020, 08:35 AM   #24
J. Wraith
Member
 
J. Wraith is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mid West
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMatt View Post
Michael
You wonít get an explanation to your question
All youíll get is circular logic, and a bunch of pics of other birds, and theyíll completely dilute this thread, all while skipping the main question.
But yes, these were one pour molds, and the bird in question is garbage.
And as far as that mouthpiece J Wraith is concerned, awfully bold of you to assume all I have is a book.
Why donít you ask J.R. about his Pinter he bought from me 2 years ago at the SOS.
COMPLETE!!
With studs, and captive nuts, and even with the rubberized backing
So there goes your theory that Iíve never even held one in my hands.
J Wraith
Your a joke, and your stupid theory and posts prove it
And again, to new collectors reading this post,
This bird in slide one is not original
Itís recast garbage
And only dolts like J Wraith believe itís real
They are both
A joke
You just hate to be wrong, again. You can squawk all you want.. blub blub blub, like an underwater fart.
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #25
Berghof
Forum Sponsor
 
Berghof's Avatar
 
Berghof is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: US of A
Posts: 649
Default

Jesus....I go away for a couple days to have back sugery and come back to chaos...lol. I'm not going to comment anymore on these things. I've mentioned before that I'm a mech engineer with a focus in metallurgy. Things that bother some, don't bother me because of my familiarity with the moulding process. I've exhausted myself on these things before...just not going to bother anymore. Don't misinterpret that as me not having answeres. No need for every one to get all riled up. We agree to disagree....no big deal.
__________________
http://www.ww2treasures.com/

  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #26
mrec27777
Member
 
mrec27777 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: usa
Posts: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berghof View Post
Jesus....I go away for a couple days to have back sugery and come back to chaos...lol. I'm not going to comment anymore on these things. I've mentioned before that I'm a mech engineer with a focus in metallurgy. Things that bother some, don't bother me because of my familiarity with the moulding process. I've exhausted myself on these things before...just not going to bother anymore. Don't misinterpret that as me not having answeres. No need for every one to get all riled up. We agree to disagree....no big deal.
hope you recover soon!!!! EC
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #27
Berghof
Forum Sponsor
 
Berghof's Avatar
 
Berghof is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: US of A
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrec27777 View Post
hope you recover soon!!!! EC
Thanks! Much appreciated!
__________________
http://www.ww2treasures.com/

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com