wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Imperial Militaria Forum

Imperial Militaria Forum The discussion and study of Imperial German awards and of their Central Powers Allies from the First World War

Great Battlefield Relic 108th Saxony !
Old 07-15-2017, 12:47 AM   #1
708.V.G.D.
Association Member

Default Great Battlefield Relic 108th Saxony !

Hi Guys !

Quite in great condition after over one Century in the deep Vosges Forest, eastern France !

What is you estimation for the Set ??

Old 07-15-2017, 01:51 AM   #2
ww1czechlegion
Association Member

Hello,

Congratulations on a very nice find!

Quote:
By member 708.V.G.D. What is you estimation for the Set ??
As for a price estimation? I know what a price for a non-ground found 108th Regiment marked buckle would be, and for a 108th Reg't tschako front plate. Ground found items are in a whole different realm for value that I do not have a grasp of. They are usually damaged and not in the original condition as they were issued. Some collectors like items in this condition, and others do not collect items that were ground found. I wish that I could help you, sorry.

Thanks for sharing photos with us. I can imagine it was very exciting to find the buckle and tschako front plate in the woods. What a very good surprise for you, congratulations!

Best Regards,

Alan

Old 07-15-2017, 02:22 AM   #3
kaiserwilhelm2
Association Member

Ground dug is indeed a very different field of collecting and with very different prices than non-ground dug. Can not help you either when it comes to prices. In any case a pretty cool buckle!

Old 07-15-2017, 03:07 AM   #4
Dansson

Ground dug items are always a bit tricky to price, I would personally try to auction them if I was selling them.

Old 07-15-2017, 03:26 AM   #5
708.V.G.D.
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansson View Post
Ground dug items are always a bit tricky to price, I would personally try to auction them if I was selling them.
Thanks Guys for these interesting Opinions... I will perhaps do that, but after being informed on the Value from NON-digged comparable Items. That is really not my Area of collecting.
Bu I fully understand yhe post of Views here : I have seen digged Items more expensive than good condition ones (especially when thay are related to well known battlefielfds), and other sold for peanuts....
The Area where these Artifacts where founds are really the A... of the World, no chance it bumps the Price ;-) !!

Old 07-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #6
Dansson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
The Area where these Artifacts where founds are really the A... of the World, no chance it bumps the Price ;-) !!
"During the First World War, the Vosges were the scene of severe and almost continuous fighting" plus it's a beautiful landscape and someone might even be ready to pay for it more in an auction. Vosges was not the Somme or Verdun, but the area had a fair share of combat.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #7
ccj
Association Member

Super items.... I collect Saxon irems so I can really appeeciate
Austrian Generals Pike Gray & Field Gray Uniform Items

Old 07-25-2017, 05:57 AM   #8
Marne

What is the material of the buckle ?
I have to check in the Regimental history but I don't remember that the 108R was in Vosges sector.

Marne