wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:21 AM   #16
Antonio Scapini
Moderator and Forum Sponsor

Cesare, I can only agree with the guys here, this wrap is a fake, and not a good fake, but a bad one.
I don't know where it comes from, but you should immediately send it back.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
- THE SS TK RING
- THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
- THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
- THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

Old 07-22-2019, 03:54 AM   #17
Cesare Cornia
Association Member

Ciao Antonio
you know well the previous owner of this wrapper and the level of his collection, you too had some of his tunics; as said, the wrapper resided in the collection from the '80s, so no "Silvestrations" with it, it's clearly not textbook but it has been checked positively by many well known collectors and dealers. I'm no worried about giving it back, I could do it anytime.
To open a thread discussing what could to be original and textbook or not it's too much for me, I'm mainly a badge collector. I have just to say that after opening this thread the matter has been discussed between some collectors here, some of them openly criticising the "100% textbook" fans.
So, actually, I'm looking from outside at a discussion between forum members and some old collectors from my area, some of these too are forum members, and sincerely I'm a little bit surprised to see how big the valuation difference can be and the willing of experencied collectors and dealers to not appear by posting in the forum.
It all could be funny at beginning, but I think that after that I will be mainly back to my badge collection, all these discussions about textbook or not textbook about clothing are too much for me...

Old 07-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #18
viva_giulio

La questione e' molto semplice: buttare nel cesso 30 anni di studi e considerare le eventualita' remote oppure parlare di asole dei bottoni, taglio, fodera, step di costruzione .
Se parliamo di questi aspetti non c'e' NESSUN elemento che possa suggerire la benche' minima possibilita' che il giacchino sia buono.

In English: is a poor fake.
I am not Lorenzo defender but reading all bull**** on him count when I can't reply is not good.
Since 10/15 years I hear about Italian fakes, name changed and I am asking: cui prodest?

In latin: Who gains for this?

Old 07-23-2019, 05:25 AM   #19
Antonio Scapini
Moderator and Forum Sponsor

Cesare, the questions are very simple: who are those "well known collectors and dealers" that say the tunic is good and why?

This is a very poor fake, there's really nothing more to add.

PS: I don't know where it comes from, but the substance remains the same.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
- THE SS TK RING
- THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
- THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
- THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!