wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #31
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

That with Shop in Hamburg i think is very close.....someone did try his best, only not prior to 1945. That Thing has the typical Touch of someone very special But of course, has Nametag...must be real

Old 05-09-2019, 10:52 PM   #32
compressore
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
That with Shop in Hamburg i think is very close.....someone did try his best, only not prior to 1945. That Thing has the typical Touch of someone very special But of course, has Nametag...must be real
You are wrong. Weitze acquired the tunic and coat from Peter during a show in the UK. The picture shown is Peter's table.
The tunic started the thread is comming also from Peter acquired trough another collector which bought it from him

Old 05-10-2019, 12:28 AM   #33
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

This makes no difference, who believes that this is a untouched Tunic, maybe believe Santa Claus is real too. Effects are real, but it is build to me. It is amazing how many so called untouched Tunics have appeared in recent years, with the best Storys where it came from. One Dealer got it from the other Dealer and the other Dealer got it again from other Dealer, great. When it comes to SS, i would only buy a Tunic if a Picture from it in wear comes along with it, then you have real Proof and not only a Story. For all the Rest, i would pay the Price for the Parts at a good Day. SS is a Minefield, and when you pay Premium Prices, then you always want a solid History behind the Item, not only a nice Story told by a Dealer, no matter who that Dealer is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compressore View Post
You are wrong. Weitze acquired the tunic and coat from Peter during a show in the UK. The picture shown is Peter's table.
The tunic started the thread is comming also from Peter acquired trough another collector which bought it from him

Old 05-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #34
John Pic
Association Member

Quote:
This makes no difference, who believes that this is a untouched Tunic, maybe believe Santa Claus is real too. Effects are real, but it is build to me. It is amazing how many so called untouched Tunics have appeared in recent years, with the best Storys where it came from. One Dealer got it from the other Dealer and the other Dealer got it again from other Dealer, great. When it comes to SS, i would only buy a Tunic if a Picture from it in wear comes along with it, then you have real Proof and not only a Story. For all the Rest, i would pay the Price for the Parts at a good Day. SS is a Minefield, and when you pay Premium Prices, then you always want a solid History behind the Item, not only a nice Story told by a Dealer, no matter who that Dealer is.

A lot of time spent babbling on about nothing. Your opinion is as useful as a pen with no ink. No observations, no evidence, not even a sound theory.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #35
Nick E

Ok I believe in the open neck..but the closed neck tunic.. the name,in that tag is Not Zittel....its Hassaf(?) Z.Littel..or Haupstf Z.Littel as in abbreviated rank.or most likely a Heer rank,Haupt. Z.Littel.....The SS was added for sure.This is so obvious.

Last edited by Nick E; 05-11-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #36
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

Really? And you cut it short with no red Flags and done? Lets sit a bit down together, the Inuit Way big Guy and have a look at the Tunic. The Tabs looks like they are put on 72 Hours ago and not 72 Years, and the rest of the Effects as well. Nametag clearly say a bit something else as it should, and from where it comes from, says way enough to me that i would never say no red Flags all good based on Pictures. That Thing is Build/restored and not much more, to me of course, everyone has his own Opinion. He did not a bad Job, but when you sell something like this, then please come up with a bit more then just was found in Germany 15 Years ago in a Cellar, how about a Picture from that Guy wearing that Tunic? Thats what i would ask for if i was ask to spent that kind of Money on something like this. Someone who believe in it, should just go an buy it and enjoy it then Santa is just around the Corner, believe me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pic View Post
A lot of time spent babbling on about nothing. Your opinion is as useful as a pen with no ink. No observations, no evidence, not even a sound theory.

Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 05-12-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Puzzled
Old 07-16-2019, 12:49 AM   #37
compressore
Association Member

Default Puzzled

I am a bit puzzled here...when I posted the tunic first time in this thread to get opinions, it was was you, Robert, who send me a PM to offer a trade for the tunic which is now condemned by yourself.

Same information were on the table at the time you wanted to acquire the tunic....and now this:

Quote:
Really? And you cut it short with no red Flags and done? Lets sit a bit down together, the Inuit Way big Guy and have a look at the Tunic. The Tabs looks like they are put on 72 Hours ago and not 72 Years, and the rest of the Effects as well. Nametag clearly say a bit something else as it should, and from where it comes from, says way enough to me that i would never say no red Flags all good based on Pictures. That Thing is Build/restored and not much more, to me of course, everyone has his own Opinion. He did not a bad Job, but when you sell something like this, then please come up with a bit more then just was found in Germany 15 Years ago in a Cellar, how about a Picture from that Guy wearing that Tunic? Thats what i would ask for if i was ask to spent that kind of Money on something like this. Someone who believe in it, should just go an buy it and enjoy it then Santa is just around the Corner, believe me...

Old 07-16-2019, 01:16 AM   #38
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

? As restored Tunic right? So whats your Problem now? Tunic is what it is, and that it was since Day one. And you really not have to be Einstein to see that this Tunic is complete build. But i buy all the Time Tunic like this and still would buy yours when the Price is right, since i have no Problem with something what is build when the Base Tunic is good, and only that interest me. But something should be sold as what it is, not as what someone wish it is. And i sure will not go and say oh all perfect nice and fine, when it is not. And i cant remember there is a Problem to ask if something is for sale right? But nice try...funny)) Guess you read the Camo Cap Thread and now ohhhh **** him a bit here because he did it here too. Well, if you read the Camo Thread....i am right....and if you read this Thread i am right as well. SS is a Minefield, and when you pay some Donkey Prices for an Item, then it must be perfect. But 99% of all the SS Tunics ect. are restored, build or put together to fool someone out of double or more the Money what it is worth. And i am not one who just go and say yes yes, nice great fine. Will not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compressore View Post
I am a bit puzzled here...when I posted the tunic first time in this thread to get opinions, it was was you, Robert, who send me a PM to offer a trade for the tunic which is now condemned by yourself.

Same information were on the table at the time you wanted to acquire the tunic....and now this:

Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 07-16-2019 at 01:34 AM.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:07 AM   #39
naxos
Association Member

I will not speak to the tunic's originality since this is outside my knowledge level.

But I can unequivocally read what the label says.

1.) - SS awkward written and (like others said) added after

2.) SS Standf.[/I] was not a common abbreviation for SS-Standartenführer (I can find this abbreviation only in American intelligence sources)

3.) Last name spelled wrong (unless it's for a man named "Sittel")

Of course it could have been written by an unknowing, dyslexic tailor shop employee - quite possible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg label 2.jpg (112.0 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by naxos; 07-16-2019 at 02:31 AM.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:33 AM   #40
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

An the Lable is just one of many Issues. Next one are the Tabs, just look at them...they are not there for 80 Years....but maybe 8 or less. It is a good Tunic, but pimped up to make a lot more Money out of it. With the typical Dealer Story...found 15 Years ago in a Cellar in Germany, yeah right. A good Tailor should be able to restore this one nearly perfect, and then it is a restored Officer Tunic, no problem with that and i am more then willing to buy it then