wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Japanese Militaria Forum

Japanese Militaria Forum All Japanese Militaria

Japanese Bayonet Adapter for MP 18.I Sub Machine Gun
Old 07-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
Eric Queen
Association Member

Default Japanese Bayonet Adapter for MP 18.I Sub Machine Gun

I would assume this is a somewhat rare piece but wanted to show it here for additional thoughts. I am curious as to what your thoughts are as to level of rarity and desirability. Thanks.

The German based Bergmann Company was forced to cease manufacture of the M.P. 18,I. The company negotiated a licensing agreement with the Schweizer Industrie Gesellschaft (SIG) to manufacture the M.P. 18,I in Neuhausen, Switzerland. The weapon was manufactured with the modified magazine housing and box style magazine into the 1920’s principally for foreign sales. The Swiss made M.P. 18,I was marketed as the Bergmann Machine Pistol, and was produced in 7.65mm Mauser, 7.63mm, 9mm Mauser and 9mm Parabellum. The weapons were distributed by the Swiss firm Societe Industrialle Suisse. The majority of the weapon’s sales were made to Japan chambered for the 7.63mm cartridge. The Japanese contract guns were designated as the Type BE. There were at least two variants of the Japanese contract guns. One style had a removable collar that fitted on the barrel jacket for mounting a Japanese service bayonet; the second type was made with and without the bayonet feature, and were marked with Japanese characters. Over 25,000 post WWI M.P. 18,I weapons (modified) were produced for export.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0495.jpg (70.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0496.jpg (102.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0497.jpg (74.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0499.jpg (73.6 KB, 67 views)

WW2 War Dog and Dog Handler items
Original photos, documents, groupings
US, German, Japanese