wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Communications Equipment

Communications Equipment Radio, telephony and radar equipment

Old 09-10-2017, 06:47 AM   #16
mig2830

Hi,

Thanks Funksammler, I have made an account on Imgur.

So here is the image of the Dämpfungskreisel

It comes from a book about control systems "Handbuch der Regelungsteknik" that has a interesting chapter describing the K22.

Do anybody know of a similar image of the "normalkraftmesser" used in the K22 steuerung?

regards
mig2830

Old 09-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #17
mig2830

We try again

Old 09-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #18
Funksammler

Indeed, of particular interest is the "Tauchspulsystem", which was particular to the LDK11.

The gyroscope itself is still built as a rate gyro, it will move dependent of he rate of turn but instead of mechanical springs, it uses the electromagnetic Fesselspule 8 to return it to the central position.

You can see how any movement from the gyroscope slides the runner of potentiometer 9 (which, with the resistor above it forms a bridge circuit) and that this bridge circuit generates a differential voltage across the output which is also fed back to the Fesselspule 8 via a capacitor.

It helps to understand the feedback circuit if you draw it as a simple RC differentiator: The Tauchspule only receives a feedback voltage as long as the gyroscope is moving the potentiometer. As the movement or the gyroscope stops, so does the voltage across the Fesselspule 8, however the output voltage 10 remains constant at that point: the rate gyro is now working as a Kurskreisel measuring the deviation from the start direction.

The autopilot will now act on signal 10 and will turn the aircraft to reverse the situation until the output voltage 10 is back to zero, this will bring the aircraft back to the original start direction.

Input 7 comes from the "Richtungsgeber" via the "Normalkraftmesser". This signal slightly moves the gyroscope off- centre which will be countered by the aircraft turning. A delicate balancing act between this rate of turn, the g-force measured by the "normalkraftmesser" will ensue, keeping the aircraft turning at a constant rate, independent of the angle of roll and speed of the aircraft.

This is a gross simplification, but hopefully it will help to explain how the system worked.

regards,

Funksammler

Old 09-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #19
mig2830

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation, Funksammler.

Is there somebody in the forum that have a similar image of the internals and diagram of the "normalkraftmesser" LNK1?

Also a diagram of the LKW12 and LKW22 would be of interest to analyse the complete system.

Best regards
mig2830

Old 09-24-2017, 05:59 AM   #20
mig2830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funksammler View Post
I can't make out what the loose part is, it is definately not part of the rudder servo. Perhaps it was part of the oxygen system that was removed from the tail (you can still see the clamps where the oxygen bottles were attached).

regards,

Funksammler
Hi Funksammler,

I have been looking at the loose part, and it is deffenetly part of the rudder servo. I is some type og electrical equipment and it can be seen in place on these photos from cdvandt.

and below the direction switch

What is it, some sort of heater ?

best regards
mig2830

Old 09-24-2017, 06:03 AM   #21
mig2830

and we try again

Old 09-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #22
Funksammler

Possibly, what you see on Arthur's machine is a heating element for the pump which was rarely fitted. I will have a look next time I have a chance if it has a round sleeve which fits around the pump.

regards,

Funksammler

Old 09-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #23
mig2830

Looking again, it has a cylindrical sleeve and a junction box. A shielded cable connects it to the rudder servo.

regards
mig2830

Old 09-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #24
mig2830

Hi Funksammler

I have made this diagram as a suggestion for the K22 kurssteurung, am I far off or what do you think

best regards
mig2830