wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Optics Forum

Optics Forum Rangefinders, binoculars, sniper scopes, cameras and their accessories

Bmk 7x50 reticule
Old 09-16-2019, 06:24 AM   #1
Proof of war
Association Member

Default Bmk 7x50 reticule

I wondered how to know what the reticle looks like in a BMK 7X50, I saw one for sale and asked the seller if there was a reticle on the right occular, yes but the scale is only from 0 to 30 horizontal.

Now I saw an example on the internet a BMK 7x50 with flip eycecups and a croshair reticle, where these reticules al the same in every bmk or use bmk more different reticules for Heer/Navy/Artillery?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/binocw...in/photostream

https://www.flickr.com/photos/binocw...n/photostream/

I thought that the scale was the same as with the 6x30 0 up to 40?

Last edited by Proof of war; 09-16-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
Sgt Bilko

You're right - different reticles for different users (army and navy). The 6x30 army reticle also changed mid war when they dropped some of the numbers.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
Proof of war
Association Member

Indeed Bilko.

I now know what it looks like. A bmk 7x50 Dienstglas marked binocular with a horizontal graticule with graduations going from 0 to 30 on either side of center and the numbers 0, 10, 20 and 30 written on the graticule. This graticule is different than the standard Dienstglas graticule (usually seen on 6x30 and 10x50 Dienstglas binoculars) which is a horizontal graticule with graduations going from 0 to 40 with only the number 20 written on the graticule.

When I bought this Bmk from a private person from Athens, I thought to see a 4 on the IPD scale after the purchase in the photos.
WW II binoculars only 60 and 70 are marked on the IPD scale, but when I received the binoculars at home it turned out to be quite a coincidence to see some damage that looks a bit like a 4
Beautiful binocular, never opened, still in original fat, very nice smell.
What is less fun is the view is foggy unfortunately The seller said that the view was good.That's why I think she sold it so cheaply.

Here some pictures,

Last edited by Proof of war; 09-23-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #4
Sgt Bilko

Thanks for the pictures - it's in terrific condition like a new binocular. When you say;

the standard Dienstglas graticule (usually seen on 6x30 and 10x50 Dienstglas binoculars) which is a horizontal graticule with graduations going from 0 to 40 with only the number 20 written on the graticule.

your correct for later Dienstglas (like the cag 6x30 tan I'm holding) but earlier ones (like the Ruka SS Dienstglas I'm also playing with) have 0 to 40 with the numbers 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 marked on.

Old 09-24-2019, 05:40 AM   #5
Proof of war
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post
Thanks for the pictures - it's in terrific condition like a new binocular. When you say;

the standard Dienstglas graticule (usually seen on 6x30 and 10x50 Dienstglas binoculars) which is a horizontal graticule with graduations going from 0 to 40 with only the number 20 written on the graticule.

your correct for later Dienstglas (like the cag 6x30 tan I'm holding) but earlier ones (like the Ruka SS Dienstglas I'm also playing with) have 0 to 40 with the numbers 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 marked on.

Learned again thank you for this information.

Yes the binocular looks like new, but a pity about the view, the view is okay in good clear weather, but on a gray day it looks quite foggy , I still doubt to have it cleaned or to leave it as it is.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:26 AM   #6
Sgt Bilko

If I were you, I'd clean it and enjoy it. Properly done, no-one will know any better and you'll be able to use it as intended.