wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Optics Forum

Optics Forum Rangefinders, binoculars, sniper scopes, cameras and their accessories

Old 02-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #16
Marekbjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaser View Post
I don't want to be rude nor mess up your party, but until I see an eagle or an Eigentum engraving on a Leica in a wartime picture or movie I am a non believer of any of those
that's totally a fair opinion, no offense taken.

I know James Lager has done extensive research on the cameras, and I've also confirmed it with Erwin Puts and Lars Netopil.

I would really love to see a photo of a camera, as you mentioned, with these inscriptions too!

Old 02-20-2020, 02:59 PM   #17
Mikedenmark
Association Member

Glaser. try to take a close look at the photo I linked to. The one with the navy KB with 2 Leica´s.

The one to the left has dark patches where the M marking and the eagle is. I believe a detailed version of that photo will show the markings clearly enough to disperse any doubt.
I found it at the Bundesarchiv, but they do not offer a high resolution online. Unless you pay for it.

The case for the one to the right looks pretty normal to me. I do not recall ever having held a Leica with such rings. And I have had some leica´s in my hands. But then again, pure chance perhaps.
Eigentum Leica´s from Luftwaffe are pretty well known. It is when a Leica has a Luftwaffe eagle one should be wary.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #18
glaser
Association Member

Thx for posting the link to the picture, but for me there is absolutely nothing to see that could be usefull as evidence because if you blow up the picture the details get sloppy. I will be of course quite difficult to find a picture of a Leica made by another photographer like the nice one of the Kriegsberichter, were coincidentally the markings are detailed and readible. Let the chase begin

Old 02-20-2020, 03:19 PM   #19
glaser
Association Member

not a Leica and no markings visible, but I am getting close .
104046517-kriegsmarine-axis-powers-marine-sailor (1).jpg

Old 02-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #20
glaser
Association Member

and closer

leica.jpg

Old 02-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #21
glaser
Association Member

almost ....Attachment 4574893

Old 02-20-2020, 03:26 PM   #22
glaser
Association Member

almost

leica ss soldier.jpg

Old 02-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #23
glaser
Association Member

almost again
leica2.jpg

Old 02-20-2020, 03:33 PM   #24
glaser
Association Member

almost :-)
leica3.jpg

Old 02-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #25
Marekbjj

Do you know what the cost might be? I am really curious to see the camera closer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedenmark View Post
Glaser. try to take a close look at the photo I linked to. The one with the navy KB with 2 Leica´s.

The one to the left has dark patches where the M marking and the eagle is. I believe a detailed version of that photo will show the markings clearly enough to disperse any doubt.
I found it at the Bundesarchiv, but they do not offer a high resolution online. Unless you pay for it.

The case for the one to the right looks pretty normal to me. I do not recall ever having held a Leica with such rings. And I have had some leica´s in my hands. But then again, pure chance perhaps.
Eigentum Leica´s from Luftwaffe are pretty well known. It is when a Leica has a Luftwaffe eagle one should be wary.

Old 02-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #26
Mikedenmark
Association Member

I think it was € 28.something. I can check
https://www.bild.bundesarchiv.de/dba...1II-MN-1004-17
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dberichter.jpg
This the best image I can find. It seems the payment is only for commercial use.
To get closer, one needs to look at the original. Odd thing is, this was scanned with a lower resolution than other photo´s.
Taken in april 1940, Norway.

Glaser. I have also been playing with the photo, and you are right. Not sharp enough. But I still see darkness where the M number and the eagle should be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leicapropaganda-stor.jpg (50.0 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Mikedenmark; 02-20-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Old 02-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #27
Marekbjj

Here are some close ups of the inscriptions

M33

Eagle

Old 02-20-2020, 07:55 PM   #28
Marekbjj

Here's a better view of the glass, I have a feeling some might be interested in this. Serial number is also dated to 1939.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSF3073.jpg (56.0 KB, 35 views)