wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Crosses of the Wehrmacht

Crosses of the Wehrmacht Iron Cross, German Cross, War Merit Cross and Spain Cross.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #16
unimarc
Association Member

Old 11-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #17
KLK
Association Member

An Interesting IC. I do looking forward to get one for comparison use

Old 11-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #18
Byakkotai
Forum Sponsor

Thank you very much guys:

To mee (only an opinion) the question is not if the IC who started the thread is a fake compared with the Deumer original one we know, because they are absolutely different.

The point is if knowing the maker (Deumer....well....) and the obvious differences between IC from the same maker (core, frame, setup, maker marked...) the IC presented could be considered a fake (if latvian fake, the first I see like that) or a variation (another one) from that maker.

As the medal is mine, please let me be the "devil's lawyer". My only interest, now, is knowing if I have a super-rare original cross or a "new fake" who need to be studied and cataloged as it.

Setup: Is very similar to thoses "early type" knows (hinge -barrel form- 84,85 Maerz for example); catch (pig tail, 82 Maerz, for example) and needle (83,85 Maerz for example).
Frame: A beauty.
Maker marked: I have never seen a maker mark (L/11) so good like that.
Weigh (13'96grs) and dimension (43mm...but voulted).

Just my five cents...

Ricardo

Old 11-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #19
Gew44
Association Member

Is a well known and weel made Latvian fake with weight and dimension very similar to an original one, nothing news.

1) The Schinkelform have always the semifinisched of WWI industry: hinge, pin, catch, clamshell screwback, frame.

It will be retired, or not produced, immediatly after the starting of WWII late 1939 - early 1940
directly from Hitler order ; him not didn't liked the little hakenkreuz. (as the 3 round of 1st and 2nd class retired from Hitler order).

And all the semifinischeds remained in the factory put in the trash, redesigned hinge, pin, catch, core to made a "new" EKI with 44x44 mm. and no one Schinkelform will be produced with "mix" of parts of the 2nd production (the setup behind of your cross with core and frame early production).

2 ) The LDO born around july 1940 but the LDO license number will be introduced on 1 March 1941; more or less 1 year later the stop to the EKI Schinkelform production.

For this two reason it's impossible to find a original EKI Schinkelform like your that you have posted.

I'm not happy to tell you this but I'm me too the "devil's lawyer" for all who thath don't known this very well fake, not well for a expert collectors focused on EK field; and I'm not.

Here a Wehrmacht forum link for a LDO history :
https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ght=LDO+number

I adding a 2nd type of Latvian fake with a very good setup behind (and I think made from same hand with weight and dimensions similar to original one) but with the same front "low date".

That are my two cents

With friendless
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Latvian fake 2nd pin type..jpg (45.3 KB, 37 views)

Gew44/Max

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a simple word:
- Freedom - Justice - Honor - Duty - Mercy - Hope.

W. Churchill

Last edited by Gew44; 11-20-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #20
Byakkotai
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gew44 View Post
Is a well known and weel made Latvian fake with weight and dimension very similar to an original one, nothing news.

1) The Schinkelform have always the semifinisched of WWI industry: hinge, pin, catch, clamshell screwback, frame.

It will be retired, or not produced, immediatly after the starting of WWII late 1939 - early 1940
directly from Hitler order ; him not didn't liked the little hakenkreuz. (as the 3 round of 1st and 2nd class retired from Hitler order).

And all the semifinischeds remained in the factory put in the trash, redesigned hinge, pin, catch, core to made a "new" EKI with 44x44 mm. and no one Schinkelform will be produced with "mix" of parts of the 2nd production (the setup behind of your cross with core and frame early production).

2 ) The LDO born around july 1940 but the LDO license number will be introduced on 1 March 1941; more or less 1 year later the stop to the EKI Schinkelform production.

For this two reason it's impossible to find a original EKI Schinkelform like your that you have posted.

I'm not happy to tell you this but I'm me too the "devil's lawyer" for all who thath don't known this very well fake, not well for a expert collectors focused on EK field; and I'm not.

Here a Wehrmacht forum link for a LDO history :
https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ght=LDO+number

I adding a 2nd type of Latvian fake with a very good setup behind (and I think made from same hand with weight and dimensions similar to original one) but with the same front "low date".

That are my two cents

With friendless
Thank you very much Gew44 and don't worry for your "devil's lawyer" job. To buy, to sell and to risk is my job and sometimes that happens...

Ricardo