wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Imperial Uniforms and Headgear

Imperial Uniforms and Headgear Imperial German Pickelhaubes and Uniforms.

Where at the tunics?
Old 06-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #1
Forssmann

Default Where at the tunics?

I've reached that point where I'm ready to add a nice Imperial tunic to my collection. Understandably, they are difficult to find. Other than https://www.weitze.com/index.html where are the tunics/feldrocks? Does anyone know of auctions that periodically get some in?

Old 06-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #2
120rir

Regimentals usually has some nice stuff but the enlisted tunics in particular seem to go pretty quickly...

www.regimentals.co.uk

Old 06-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #3
Forssmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120rir View Post
Regimentals usually has some nice stuff but the enlisted tunics in particular seem to go pretty quickly...

www.regimentals.co.uk
Thanks, I'll be checking there periodically

Old 06-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #4
kemmelberg1920

hello, al depends what your budget is ,,, last sold one EM tunic (feldrock)for 11300 euro's,,,, and a bavarian one EM feldrock BAI 1915 for 8700 euro's, and in Januari a feldrock sold for also 8500 euro's, (thats was a early one 1907/10 model bavarian)
y can speak of it becaue y have 2 of them, (2 bavarians , one 1907/10 and one 1907/14,
now say that 6 weeks ago y found also one a pruis EM 1907/14 model he was a littel bit les exspencief,
here the 3 ,,,

Old 06-14-2018, 08:16 AM   #5
kaiserwilhelm2
Association Member

Old 06-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #6
Gran Sasso
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forssmann View Post
I've reached that point where I'm ready to add a nice Imperial tunic to my collection. Understandably, they are difficult to find. Other than https://www.weitze.com/index.html where are the tunics/feldrocks? Does anyone know of auctions that periodically get some in?
Ratisbons had some in past auctions, so check the upcoming auctions

Old 06-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #7
120rir

Kemmelberg (and others)...wow, those are what seem to be to me extraordinarily high prices. Or - am I just out of touch and that's what good straight-up 07/10 tunics are going for now?

Old 06-22-2018, 09:52 PM   #8
Forssmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120rir View Post
Kemmelberg (and others)...wow, those are what seem to be to me extraordinarily high prices. Or - am I just out of touch and that's what good straight-up 07/10 tunics are going for now?
Im interested to know this as well as i was under the impression that the m1915 was the more expensive piece, which I've seen typically go for about $4,000. Ive seen a couple of 07/10 tunics currently going for about $2500

Old 06-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #9
phild

Quote:
Im interested to know this as well as i was under the impression that the m1915 was the more expensive piece, which I've seen typically go for about $4,000. Ive seen a couple of 07/10 tunics currently going for about $2500
There are so many factors other than condition and even tunic “model” when trying to come up with a valuation on these imperial feldgrau tunics, bluses, rocks etc..

Much of this is subjective, but generally issue pieces command a higher price than private made.....exceptions are found for sure. The 1907/10 types when found as issue examples tend to be much more expensive than 1915/16 bluses IMO. The einfach types are usually in between those two even though they are the rarest with only 6-7 months offical production and that early in the war.

Complications come in with Cavalry styles, Jager and MG and speciality units not to mention popular regiments and separate battalions.

Third Reich uniforms are simple to understand in comparison and several hundred to one more common.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:32 AM   #10
kaiserwilhelm2
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phild View Post
There are so many factors other than condition and even tunic “model” when trying to come up with a valuation on these imperial feldgrau tunics, bluses, rocks etc..

Much of this is subjective, but generally issue pieces command a higher price than private made.....exceptions are found for sure. The 1907/10 types when found as issue examples tend to be much more expensive than 1915/16 bluses IMO. The einfach types are usually in between those two even though they are the rarest with only 6-7 months offical production and that early in the war.

Complications come in with Cavalry styles, Jager and MG and speciality units not to mention popular regiments and separate battalions.

Third Reich uniforms are simple to understand in comparison and several hundred to one more common.
The main issue is: early fieldgrey EM issued tunics are very, very rare - few survived WWI and are a hell of a lot rarer than the M15/16 type which can be found much easier (bought two of these (one of which was private purchase) plus one officer one in the first 5 months of 2018). So yes these early type are very rare, sought after and at the moment do 10-15 K usd.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:48 AM   #11
kemmelberg1920

hello, and ! the EM tunic's whit high collar , they do not go so mutch, (also not littel) but the al original ones are in these time a lot of money,
a bluse thats going also littel by littel more than before, sadly, because if a new young collector want to start whit feldgrau uniforms,,,he must have lots of euro's / dollars,
it is still possibel to find a nice EM tunic whit high collar for so about 3000 euro's, the original's ones whit normal collar, thats indeed a other story,

Old 06-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #12
Forssmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
The main issue is: early fieldgrey EM issued tunics are very, very rare - few survived WWI and are a hell of a lot rarer than the M15/16 type which can be found much easier (bought two of these (one of which was private purchase) plus one officer one in the first 5 months of 2018). So yes these early type are very rare, sought after and at the moment do 10-15 K usd.
Do you care to share where you are finding the M15/16 tunics?

Old 06-25-2018, 01:29 PM   #13
kaiserwilhelm2
Association Member

Quote:
Do you care to share where you are finding the M15/16 tunics?
Got these at various auctions.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #14
phild

I do not consider a non post war modified 15/16 bluse as that common, certainly not an issue example. I do agree and stated as much they they are less expensive than 07/10 issue tunics everything being equal. One fact that a collector will quickly learn when collecting ww1 feldgrau is that nothing is ever equal and no two tunics are alike

Old 06-25-2018, 11:58 PM   #15
kaiserwilhelm2
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phild View Post
I do not consider a non post war modified 15/16 bluse as that common, certainly not an issue example. y
Do not think anyone said so, just that in comparison to M07, the M15 is the more common of the two. That said I had the ability but not the cash to acquire several the last two years. Rare yes, especially compared to the overwhelming amount of WWII tunics, but still on offer if you have the money for it.