wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Communications Equipment

Communications Equipment Radio, telephony and radar equipment

Metal box for some communication or batery equipment?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
vox
Association Member

Default Metal box for some communication or batery equipment?

I got this german ww2 metal box in dark i think more blue collour. Unknown to me .If anybody know it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kist 001.jpg (101.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg kist 002.jpg (166.1 KB, 164 views)

Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
vox
Association Member

More photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kist 003.jpg (113.2 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg kist 004.jpg (103.0 KB, 164 views)

Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
vox
Association Member

last
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kist 005.jpg (76.6 KB, 164 views)

Old 03-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Tornfuté

box is from VALVES tester RPG a same size as tornfud2 box
pierre

Old 03-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
vox
Association Member

Thanky you Pierre very much . Any photos or lint to see what mising?

RPG 4/3 Question
Old 11-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #6
BTaylor
Association Member

Default RPG 4/3 Question

Gentlemen:

Just got my own RPG 4/3. Not the prettiest example. Exterior repaint. No data plate. I believe it may be wartime manufacture. I was looking for a good intact unit for use. Shortcomings made it less costly.
Some internal shipping damage. You can only throw/drop these things so far without damage. Shattered tube and gauge broken loose but probably reparable.
Nearly all the test cards are there, but several of the useful ones are missing (naturally).
So I am asking if anyone has access to these cards? Possibly scanned and online somewhere? Would anyone be willing to scan some small number of these test cards and email them? I can resize a scan, print on card stock and punch holes.
I have the power set for 125V as suggested and a European to US plug adapter. Downloaded and printed available German language "manual". Nothing came with my RPG.
Thanks.

BTaylor

Old 11-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #7
Funksammler

I vaguely remember there was a file with all the cards available some years ago, I need to have a browse on the web to see if I can find it back. If you make a list of missing cards I can see what I can do.

regards,

Funksammler

RPG Cards
Old 11-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
BTaylor
Association Member

Default RPG Cards

Wonderful, sir.

The cards I am missing are for some of the more common tubes. There are probably some others. If I can test tubes for the radios I own, I will quite pleased.
These are my primary concern:
RL12P35----card 1271
RV2P800----card 1251
RV12P4000----card 1269
RL12P10----card 1263

Of course if you can steer me to an online source for the cards, that would be so much the better. Perhaps I can find something, now that you say it could be out there.

Regards,
BTaylor

Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 AM   #9
Funksammler

You can get the complete card set on CD: https://internethandel-drewelow.de/d...uefkarten.html (there are other offers on occasion on Ebay as well...)

One more question, are your valve sockets on the RPG identified by numbers or letters?

regards,

Funksammler

Test Sockets plus
Old 11-29-2017, 08:24 PM   #10
BTaylor
Association Member

Default Test Sockets plus

Funksammler -

Cards on CD! perfect! Now I need to hone my virtually non-existent German language skills so I might order this correctly without annoying everyone.

The sockets are numbered in red. The list of Wehrmacht tubes and their corresponding test cards inside the cover has a '43 date. Any other details that would be of value?

I found the shattered tube on eBay. I have developed a technique for virtually invisible Bakelite repairs. That was what was needed to repair the gauge. I was very fortunate that the gauge cover was broken into five pieces, and yet the gauge needle was undisturbed and the gauge glass unbroken.

I downloaded the instruction booklet from Radiomuseum.org. They have unusual policies for an organization that hopes to promote and preserve obsolescent technology. They ought to do everything possible to get as much information out to as many people as they can in the simplest manner. No so.

BTaylor

Old 11-30-2017, 06:24 AM   #11
Funksammler

Here are the cards:

1251:

Note: I could only find 1251 with a lettered socket denomination, "B" corresponds to socket 2 on your RPG4/3.

1263:

1269:

1271a:

1271b:

Note that there are two versions of 1271 (I have called them a and b) Version a is for use with socket 26 in the lid of the RPG 4/3. You also need to clamp a wire to the Anode connection on top of the valve and connect this to the central contact of socket 28

Version b originates from the W18 and RPG/4 which you can use without the need to connect the lid. You need a special adapter (Aufsatz) to plug into the RV2P800 socket (socket 2):

Here the anode connection is plugged into the hole marked "A" on the card.

I will try to scan the cards which should make it easier to print them to scale, but at the moment I can not get my scanner to work...

regards,

Funksammler

Old 11-30-2017, 08:17 AM   #12
Funksammler

I added the flat scans (they are the ones with the plain white background) to the Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/OmDtV

They were scanned to A4 size so it should be relatively easy to replicate the size.

regards,

Funksammler

Thanks, plus
Old 11-30-2017, 12:37 PM   #13
BTaylor
Association Member

Default Thanks, plus

Funksammler -

Generous of you to take the significant time to help out a single Wehrmacht radio enthusiast. These scans will be reasonably easy to replicate as cards, though I guess you could just look at the cards to determine the connections. I ordered the CD also. Once I have the missing tube, I should have no reason to think it won't work. Operating it correctly without ruining anything is the trick. Perhaps I can get a friend with German language skills to help out.
While I am "begging", what do you think the frame in the lid should contain? My has a reproduction label that looks like it could be civilian. Large print "Hier Röhrenprüfung" DRP number below. A folded copy of the schematic is probably what should be there?
Many thanks.

Regards,
BTaylor

Old 12-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #14
Funksammler

The recess in the lid is mainly for storing the cable. The label in the recess contained the user instructions of the RPG 4/3 and a table of most frequently used Wehrmacht tubes with their card numbers.

regards,

Funksammler