wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Wehrmacht Equipment Forum

Wehrmacht Equipment Forum Equipment and gear of the Wehrmacht era.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Beautiful quality items JanR.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #46
Eric Mill
Association Member
 
Eric Mill's Avatar
 
Eric Mill is offline
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: E'ven
Posts: 704
Default Beautiful quality items JanR.

Beautiful quality items JanR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"Vis unita fortior" (United Strength is Stronger)

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #47
MP44_tom
Member
 
MP44_tom's Avatar
 
MP44_tom is offline
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mill View Post
Beautiful quality items Jan R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, very nice items in almost mint condition !!

Tom
www.mp44.nl
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #48
giorgios
Member
 
giorgios is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan r View Post
Another combination,

in my experiance it is tough to hook the lower A-frames hooks to the lower rucksacks D rings..you have to grap them & pull them with some force to join them together...it is alot easier to hook the small rucksack to the D rings of the large rucksack without any force...
  Reply With Quote

Never intented for use with A-frame
Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #49
Eric Mill
Association Member
 
Eric Mill's Avatar
 
Eric Mill is offline
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: E'ven
Posts: 704
Default Never intented for use with A-frame

LS

Those backpack systems always intrigued me. Already some years ago we experimented with this type of large backpack (with the four d-rings) in combination with the regular A-frame and with the backpacks as shown in post picture 23.

Our opinion was then that the A-frame was never intended for the use with this large rucksack. There was just to much tension on the system. It would only give NO tension problems when there was nothing or almost nothing in the large backpack....so not a really smart solution...and so NOT German so to say....

We never found any HDV related information on this subject...
At that time we also discovered some pictures with the combination large backpack / small backpack.....only forgot to save them and never found the again.....

The backpacks as shown in post 23 are the solution to all tension problems......when used with the large backpack could be used to full extent......even when the large backpack is stuffed like a turkey.......

So thanks everyone for all the input and efforts on this subject........

E
__________________
"Vis unita fortior" (United Strength is Stronger)

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #50
corporalSteiner
Association Member
 
corporalSteiner's Avatar
 
corporalSteiner is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england
Posts: 4,874
Default

great point, E.
torns hold aframes no prob.
torns then went with aframes
rucks went with sturm44 packs
based on E's field studies.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #51
giorgios
Member
 
giorgios is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mill View Post
LS

Those backpack systems always intrigued me. Already some years ago we experimented with this type of large backpack (with the four d-rings) in combination with the regular A-frame and with the backpacks as shown in post picture 23.

Our opinion was then that the A-frame was never intended for the use with this large rucksack. There was just to much tension on the system. It would only give NO tension problems when there was nothing or almost nothing in the large backpack....so not a really smart solution...and so NOT German so to say....

We never found any HDV related information on this subject...
At that time we also discovered some pictures with the combination large backpack / small backpack.....only forgot to save them and never found the again.....

The backpacks as shown in post 23 are the solution to all tension problems......when used with the large backpack could be used to full extent......even when the large backpack is stuffed like a turkey.......

So thanks everyone for all the input and efforts on this subject........

E
i think you can use it with an A-frame without problem...why not? but you can do so using only the 2 top hooks securing with the rucksacks flaps closing strap the lower horizontal portion of the A-frame...you can also use the large rucksack with an M39 tornistern hooking all 4 hooks to the 4 D-rings...any combination is possible at that late stage of the war and i think they were no longer strict packing regulations....they'v had alot more important things to think about when they were retreating on all fronts..
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #52
corporalSteiner
Association Member
 
corporalSteiner's Avatar
 
corporalSteiner is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england
Posts: 4,874
Default

folding mantel/blanket under rucksack flap then to leather straps to sides-was this an official way of packing clothing kit in a rucksack?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #53
jan r
Member
 
jan r is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalSteiner View Post
folding mantel/blanket under rucksack flap then to leather straps to sides-was this an official way of packing clothing kit in a rucksack?

Unlike the Tornisters or Artillerierucksacks these Rucksacks have no strap/metal square ring for fixing a packstrap at the top, placing the mantel/blanket under the flap prevents it sliding down. Never seen a official description of this, it just seems the logical way to do so.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #54
Ostwid
New Member
 
Ostwid is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 20
Default

Welcome.
Many thanks for solving this problem with sturmgepack M 44th
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #55
Grubhy
Association Member
 
Grubhy's Avatar
 
Grubhy is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,485
Default

Rather with "Sturmpack", without "ge" in the middle Now seriously: Does it have any name? "Sturmrucksack" etc?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostwid View Post
Welcome.
Many thanks for solving this problem with sturmgepack M 44th
__________________
Link to My SANI collection, enjoy!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #56
Ostwid
New Member
 
Ostwid is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 20
Default

drove a little bit with you ,,GE''
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #57
herr x
Member
 
herr x's Avatar
 
herr x is offline
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Italia
Posts: 137
Default

Hi!
Really an interesting thread and thanks to all (especially to jan r) for the infos and sharing!
A question: the later small assault backpack can be considered a normal evolution of the Rucksack für Artillerie or a backpack newly developed with a specific designation?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #58
giorgios
Member
 
giorgios is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr x View Post
Hi!
Really an interesting thread and thanks to all (especially to jan r) for the infos and sharing!
A question: the later small assault backpack can be considered a normal evolution of the Rucksack für Artillerie or a backpack newly developed with a specific designation?
it is basicaly the same pack
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #59
herr x
Member
 
herr x's Avatar
 
herr x is offline
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Italia
Posts: 137
Default

Thanks for your reply!
Therefore a review with modifications addressed to the standardization and cost savings compared to Gefechtsgepack. Is correct the terminology "Sturmpack m44" for this one?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #60
corporalSteiner
Association Member
 
corporalSteiner's Avatar
 
corporalSteiner is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england
Posts: 4,874
Default

perhaps equipment design saw this pack's aim converge with that of the m44breadbag.
no longer was the aframe 'needed', or its bag, with the rifle kit pocket.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com