wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Fallschirmjäger Forum

Fallschirmjäger Forum Paratrooper Badges, documents, photographs, headgear, uniforms, history, research, insignia and field gear.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:12 AM   #46
matthias_AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
Because when dealers decide to stay away (because of a too high risk) there will also be no more show. Simple as that.
...and that is exactly right!

Old 06-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #47
Daniel.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Z. View Post
Btw, this helmet was likely to have been brought back to Eastern Europe. And if not sold privately it might show up on eBay. Let's hope it can be returned.
So you are 100% positive the thieves are from Eastern Europe?

So basically, we have only thieves in Easter europe and there are no thieves in Western europe?

Old 06-25-2015, 07:45 AM   #48
mayer

Daniel,
I don't think that the meaning was exactly that! Maybe it was refered to a murder made from Russin criminals happened some years back in Germany, have been killed a couple of German dealers for some stuff in their apartment but I don't know exactly this story, but we have heard about it here, but it doesn't mean that all Eastern people are criminal killers! It happening everywhere in the world! I'm sure that Willi didn't mean this.....and I'm not his lawyer, it was only to don't create misunderstanding

Old 06-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #49
Martyn1

I think we need to take a step back before we start deciding which nationality the thieves may come from ....unless you have proof then let's please not accuse one part of the world
What needs to happen is for some of the entrance fee and the table fee charged to dealers to be re invested in meaningful fit for purpose security otherwise dealers will not come to the fair and so the fair then finishes
I do speak from a position of knowledge as I organise and put on a fair here in the UK and I can tell you there are not as many dealers as you may think....if you lose them you lose your fair
Looking at what's been lost by dealers this year I bet they are seriously considering whether to attend the next fair unless there is a huge improvement in security
The ball as they say is firmly in the court of the organisers.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #50
Chris Boonzaier

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoska View Post
Hmmmm...yes, why do you think that the WESTERN European criminals are better?

Hmmm, I think the modern politically correct talk is "New" and "Old" Europe... no More "East" and "West"... ;-)

Old 06-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #51
Marcel Banziger

There is no proof where the criminals came from BUT, let's be honest about it....there are many Polish, Romanian and other gangs that are not there because they have a passion for collecting militaria. The groups of shady people are easily recognised. How can you say they are from eastern Europe? Just look at the license plates from cars they're in or listen to the language.

And before I am politically shot here...NO, I have nothing against eastern Europeans. In fact I have quite some close friends in Poland, Romania and Ukraine for example. However we simply can not deny the fact that it is the eastern European gangs that are in the west only for criminal activities. Not just when it comes to stealing militaria but also what is hot at the moment is stealing baby food from Dutch supermarkets, frauding with cash machines, stealing fuel from parked vehicles etc. Unfortunately these are facts!

Old 06-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #52
Fred Fokkelman
Association Member

Quote:
There is no proof where the criminals came from BUT, let's be honest about it....there are many Polish, Romanian and other gangs that are not there because they have a passion for collecting militaria. The groups of shady people are easily recognised. How can you say they are from eastern Europe? Just look at the license plates from cars they're in or listen to the language.

And before I am politically shot here...NO, I have nothing against eastern Europeans. In fact I have quite some close friends in Poland, Romania and Ukraine for example. However we simply can not deny the fact that it is the eastern European gangs that are in the west only for criminal activities. Not just when it comes to stealing militaria but also what is hot at the moment is stealing baby food from Dutch supermarkets, frauding with cash machines, stealing fuel from parked vehicles etc. Unfortunately these are facts!
Welcome to the EU!

Old 06-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #53
mathluft

They are pieces from Regimentals.

2 Polish pickpocket were arrested while they were stealing, they were auditioned and then released, this is unfortunately the European justice !!!

The police also arrested last year a few Polish, but released within hours later.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #54
mathluft

Quote:
Shocking to see so many high end items being stolen!!!

As said before, and I will repeat myself, the organizers need to step in with security. It's after all them organising the whole thing and thus they should make this a safe as possible event and also make sure that dealers will also keep coming in the future. Because when dealers decide to stay away (because of a too high risk) there will also be no more show. Simple as that.

The La Gleize fair does not take place in a hall but over 2km in the village streets, so it is impossible to have strict control over people visiting the show, because many people walk through the fields without pay admission.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #55
Martyn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathluft View Post
The La Gleize fair does not take place in a hall but over 2km in the village streets, so it is impossible to have strict control over people visiting the show, because many people walk through the fields without pay admission.
Then if that's the case and it wants to carry on the first thing it must do is move to an indoor venue....or nothing will change.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #56
ww2.collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn1 View Post
Then if that's the case and it wants to carry on the first thing it must do is move to an indoor venue....or nothing will change.
Lol Lagleize is outdor, the feeling of lagleize was lost when indoor!

Quote:
Nest time, we as dealers and the collectors, need some picturs of the face, near 99% have a smartphone and whatsapp so no problem to send thes picturs within minuts around the show, so everybody nows the fas of this Asho...

Old 06-25-2015, 03:59 PM   #57
mathluft

Nobody wants to move in a hall, the outdoor atmosphere, camping, BBQ, make the show so special…

Old 06-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #58
Marcel Banziger

Outdoor is ok and can be done but then the organiser should talk better with police as well. Now they only cared for uncovered swastikas. If they would focus more on possible crime intervention (yes, from some it can be seen they are up to no good) than several thefts could've been stopped is my honest opinion.

Because if nothing will change the big dealers won't come anymore and all that will be sold is only some rusty stuff. So I hope it will be solved since the location is too nice!

Old 06-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #59
ww2.collector

Quote:
Nobody wants to move in a hall, the outdoor atmosphere, camping, BBQ, make the show so special…
That´s right!

@ Marcel Banziger if everybody take his big money in safe pockets on his neck and keep eyes open, it will be safer.

For all who did not know the show, some picturs from me done in 2014 and 2015.
The read circel show wehre the rob in 2014 the car, pictur is done one night after robbing
and the traditional satturday night BBQ start most after 0.00 :

I hope it is OK to load the picturs on one other server, if not i or a mod can remove them!

Old 06-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #60
Jos L C

The tank, it's still there !
I'd put a big chain and lock around it, just in case ..

Put some easy to steal fake helmets there, with GPS in it ..
Anyway, the solution has to come from collecting world, police and government etc really don't care.

Jos.