wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > John Burnett Helmet Forum

John Burnett Helmet Forum One of the most distinguishing characteristics of the German fighting force was their Stahlhelm.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:44 AM   #16
ramonb
Association Member

Sorry but fake decal imo altough I am no ss decal expert I must say.
But the artificial wear marks on the decal makes me dislike it.
I think it is a original nd m40 quist that got touched up a bit with that decal.

Helmet
Old 10-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #17
pharbor1941

Default Helmet

The link of ownership is rock solid. When I went to see the helmet, the great nephew showed me the vets war time photo album, paper work and obituary that clearly shows how he came to own this helmet. The vet passed away in 2001 and he has had it ever since. He stated he played with this helmet whenever his family’s visited his great uncle. His great uncle brought back numerous items to include this helmet, an army helmet and many firearms. He decided to sell the helmets and keep the guns.With all the documents and others item brought back, I don’t have any reason to doubt the helmet
The SS helmet was a period repaint for sure as much gray paint was spilled onto the liner and worn a lot to wear the paint thin showing the leather underneath. Being a repaint, I’m sure it would have had another decal applied during the repaint.