wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Firearms Forum

Firearms Forum Focused on the guns of the Third Reich, but posts on firearms from other WW II countries are also welcomed.

Questioning my new Lafette tripod
Old 01-14-2018, 03:49 AM   #1
yovich

Default Questioning my new Lafette tripod

Hi all, I'm after some advice. I acquired a New tripod recently, and the mg42 to go with it recently, but I'm unsure about the tripod. I'm wondering if it might be a Yugo one?
There doesn't seem to be any maker marks on it other than the plate, I'll attach some (not terribly good) pictures, I'd love to hear what some of you with good knowledge think. If any more pictures are needed just ask, and any help is more than appreciated!

Old 01-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
timg
Association Member

Hello their,

If you have a look at bergflak,s website he has a fantastic study reference on the lafette tripods. 34 and 42 variants.( just type "bergflak" on your search engine.) Supported with loads of good photo,s to enable a deeper understanding of the details.

Totally recommend it but please post pictures anyway as its always good to see the kit.

Regards

Tim

Old 01-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #3
yovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
Hello their,

If you have a look at bergflak,s website he has a fantastic study reference on the lafette tripods. 34 and 42 variants.( just type "bergflak" on your search engine.) Supported with loads of good photo,s to enable a deeper understanding of the details.

Totally recommend it but please post pictures anyway as its always good to see the kit.

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim

Thanks for that, will have a look in a few hours when I have a bit more time.
I had pictures in my original post, I'm wondering if people couldn't see them, as the album was on private, hopefully you can see them now?

Matt

Old 01-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
yovich

Hi all,

I shot out to the shed and got some (hopefully) better pictures of this mount. It does seem to have some waffenamt stamps in places, but from what I have seen in some threads here, that doesn't count for a lot sometimes.

As seen in the fifth picture, there is an eagle on the sight base, and if you can make it out, a waffenamt stamp on the lip of the base, on the right hand side (away from the wingnut)
There are also stamps on the front where the gun clips on.
The number 22 also is stamped on a lot of the parts.

Lafette.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #5
Hans Zeug
Association Member

Default Lafette.

Hi, first thing I would like to know if it was my Lafette is what is under that riveted plate, what marks are on the the fire control tower if any? From what I can see in your pictures the cradle dosn't look like a converted 34 one. If it's a genuine wartime one and one that has not been messed with it should have quite a few WaA marks in various places and maker marks. Awaiting more pictures when you have time. Regards David.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #6
me6_130
Association Member

From first glance you can see it has been in yugo hands. I would also remove that plate and see the stamps. I see too may eagles around, but as pics are not clear enough, not sure if they are good or fake. Closer and clearer pics are needed to say if all original or mixed 34, 42 or M53 parts.

Carles