wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Imperial Uniforms and Headgear

Imperial Uniforms and Headgear Imperial German Pickelhaubes and Uniforms.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #16
lugernut

Never seen one with a bugle which leads me to believe it's some kind of signal unit. Very common during this era to use bugles and whistles for communication. I have a pre war German Lionshead sword that is set up for a whistle attachment. Early American swords had whistles on them too.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #17
kaiserwilhelm2
Association Member

IMO it is a gift sword from v. S to von Mayer as it says s/l. which would be seine lieben (or my dearest friend). The horn could very well signify Jaeger battalion in this case JB 12, 13 (Kgl. Sächsisches 1. Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 12 and Kgl. Sächsisches 2. Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 13) or possibly Schützen-(Füsilier-)Regiment „Prinz Georg“ (Königlich Sächsisches) Nr. 108 as they also used the hunting horn. All three are Royal Saxon units which would make sense as there is the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Saxony on the guard.

Kick ass sword!

Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 08-04-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:36 PM   #18
Reichsword
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
IMO it is a gift sword from v. S to von Mayer as it says s/l. which would be seine lieben (or my dearest friend). The horn could very well signify Jaeger battalion in this case JB 12, 13 (Kgl. Sächsisches 1. Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 12 and Kgl. Sächsisches 2. Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 13) or possibly Schützen-(Füsilier-)Regiment „Prinz Georg“ (Königlich Sächsisches) Nr. 108 as they also used the hunting horn. All three are Royal Saxon units which would make sense as there is the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Saxony on the guard.

Kick ass sword!
I agree with KW2, Jager battalion. most probably a Max Dinger forged blade, in band pattern, with IMO an Alcoso hilt. love the back panel, " till heart & sword break".
Great pick up!

Old 08-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #19
Fritziii
Association Member

KE2 and Reichsword, thank you!!

Fritz