wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Photos and Paper Items Forum

Photos and Paper Items Forum Awards Document and any photo related to the era.

Historical item slaughtered on Ebay !
Old 11-13-2002, 04:10 PM   #1
Peter T

Default Historical item slaughtered on Ebay !

I suppose several members already saw the Fotonachl.-Ofw./Panzer-Regt."Großdeutschland" on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...item=735065885 ). I'm sure this is not a GD-album, but a great album of a soldier of the 256 ID. That Division was part of 18th Army and advanced through the Netherlands into Belgium and France. Main battles were Peel, Antwerp, Brasschaat, Zelzate, Eeklo, Fortem, Nieuwpoort and Dunkerque. Several of those place are mentioned by the seller, a Mr. Lobenstein, and there was not one soldier of the GD that came that way, as they came through the Ardennes! In fact all pictures with good technique (planes, etc. ) were removed and are for sale separately, just to get more money. (see sellers other auctions) The holes were then probably covered up with GD-pictures, again to get a higher price. I find this absolute incredible and disgusting. All GD-fans, take is as a warning, this is not a GD-album, but something Mr. Lobenstein assembled just to get more money.

I'm wondering how other members think about this?

Regards

Old 11-13-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
Tommy

Thumbs up

Yeppp...i learned Mr lobenstein...very good fotos but sometimes he sell photos out of a good album...very sad....
But he will have many money.....

moremad moremad

Old 11-13-2002, 04:35 PM   #3
MVV

Thumbs up

Dear Peter !

Absolutely right and thanks for sharing your knowledge !!

M.

Old 11-14-2002, 04:03 AM   #4
Gary T

There is a thread in the FJ forum about a FJ album that Mr Lobenstein has altered in a few ways...

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...threadid=11509

downright outragous
Old 11-14-2002, 06:53 AM   #5
Stijn David
Lifetime Member

Angry downright outragous

Hello,

Thanks for pointing this out Peter, I have seen such practices over and over again and I can add at least one other name ( besides Mr. Lobensteins ( he is also quite active on the www.militariaweb.com ) who does this.

It is absolutely outragous that some persons are doing such things just in order to make more money and it is very sad that history is destroyed this way . It is often impossible afterwards for a collector with good intentions to reunite the grouping ( as it costs just to much or the pieces are scattered ove the earth )

Can we do something about it ?

such behaviour makes me

Cordial Greetings,

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

But he is not alone...
Old 11-14-2002, 02:18 PM   #6
Tommy

Thumbs down But he is not alone...

See here this man make so who Mr.Lobenstein....

http://cgi6.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...page=1&rows=25

His name is antik-sammler .....

Old 11-14-2002, 09:14 PM   #7
ManuelR

Thumbs down

I think there is a big confusion about lobenstein S
I think they are different or are they all relatives????????????????????????????????????????? ???
collecting is not easy and more when individual photos are getting very expensive people are destroying albums!!!! they dont love history only the money a SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #8
Akira Takiguchi

As for Mr. antik-sammler, he sometimes succeeds, and sometimes fails.

One of the earliest of his offerings on ebay was completely split-out photos from an ultra-rare photo album who belonged to a Panzer-Ersatz-Abteilung which had Panzer III with Schachtlaufwerk (only a couple were produced), then went to 3. Panzer-Sicherungs-Kompanie. I won most of the photos with sniping, and bought half of the rest photos from other winners with time-consuming negotiation. It all costed slightly above $1,000. But as an album I would have paid $1,500 or more because of the highest rarity. On the other hand, he made a tremendous amount of money by splitting a Kreta album. Despite of my plea he never stops splitting albums *sigh*

A Pz III N from 3.Pz.Sich.Kp.

If you're interested more in this rare unit, please visit here and buy my friend Stefano Di Guisto's SUUUUUPER book!

Lobenstein u. Antik(Kunst) Sammler
Old 11-14-2002, 11:36 PM   #9
erichcraciun

Default Lobenstein u. Antik(Kunst) Sammler

Hello:

My experiences with Lobenstein have been ok - I hope this next transaction works out ok, but I have noticed that he adds and substracts to album. Individual photos are first rate, excellent! No problem there. He send me a wrong Soldbuch, but I hope this will soon be resolved.

As for Antik-Sammler (aka Kunstsammler - he changed his vendor name about 4 months ago), I paid for a foto of a Russian Lee tank. I REALLY wanted this foto. He wrong back to me, told me the money had arrived and the foto is under way 'per Einschreiben'...the foto never arrived and I NEVER heard from him again.

I have another problem with another vendor. If I do not get the foto, I will all let you know his name!

Besten Dank,

Erich Craciun

Old 11-14-2002, 11:49 PM   #10
Akira Takiguchi

Mr. antik-sammler simply cannot keep his records right. So he better sell an album as an album, without splitting it! Then he has to keep only a few records at any time! A friend of mine recently suffered from a similar trouble with him --- my friend got a different photo, pity, pity!

Lesson: immediately after the auction close, keep the auction screen as it is (using Web browser's "Save as" feature, save everything including the photos). Because some sellers replace images after auction close, looking at a past auction directly on ebay may give you strange result. Sometimes it takes many weeks before you receive the photos, you may well have forgotten what actually you won!