wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum Uniforms, insignias and armbands.

nice
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #151
monte cassino

Default nice

really beautifull jacket!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwburchell View Post
Here is my nearly new/hardly worn early war period KM-KA summer, fieldgrey tunic which, while there are no tailor or other labels or markings present, I believe was possibly a tailor-made piece for the owner - an Oberleutnant (note that one pip is clearly missing from each of the shoulder boards) of the Naval Artillery career stream in a Coastal Artillery Battalion.

The cloth is a heavy-quality cotton corduroy-like (ie. ribbed) material and the tunic is unlined. It has wide, open cuffs and a 5-button front with patch-type pockets that have a central pleat and scalloped-style flaps. There are no inside pockets. There is a centre seam in the back that ends in a slash. There are no belt buckle eyelets. The tunic buttons are all marked on the reverse with a Weimar-pattern eagle at the top; a manufacturer code below that, being "20", on the left and the letter "M" on the right, and a star at the bottom. The matte-gray finished face of the 3-piece buttons shows the navy fouled anchor on a ribbed background.

The Celleon breast eagle on dark green badge backcloth is hand-stitched to the tunic. The collar patches are machine-stitched. The central gold striping of the collar patches is also Celleon, but the silver portion appears to be of a thread/cord material finely-wrapped with wire. The shoulder boards are of the slip-on variety and held-down by snap-style grommets. As mentioned above, there clearly was one pip on each of these boards, but they have been removed.

Regards,
John

Old 03-12-2019, 02:28 AM   #152
Martin Simon
Association Member

I just found this old thread I hadn't seen before. Gave me a few hours of pleasure going through it all.
Pitty it's not pinned in the KM forum, some pretty amazing tunics out there and a good reference source.
If anyone has any new additions to the collection to share...

Old 03-15-2019, 06:28 AM   #153
marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Simon View Post
I just found this old thread I hadn't seen before. Gave me a few hours of pleasure going through it all.
Pitty it's not pinned in the KM forum, some pretty amazing tunics out there and a good reference source.
If anyone has any new additions to the collection to share...
+1!

Cheers,Morten.